Washington DMV Driving Test

Pass the Washington Permit Test the first time with our FREE Washington Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. Highway and expressway guide signs are:
2. What should you do if fog closes in completely while you are driving, and visibility is reduced to near zero?
3. If your vehicle starts to hydroplane, you should:
4. You may never park
5. When making right turns, drivers must avoid ____ before initiating the turn.
6. If you have had 3 beers in the past hour, about how long will it take for all the alcohol to leave your blood stream?
7. What is the wrong thing to do at night when using your high beams?
8. You must use your low beams when you're within:
9. As the percentage of alcohol (bac) in your blood increases, you become:
10. You must dim your high-beam lights when within:
11. To avoid being in a truck or bus driver's blind spot and help them see, you should:
12. Drinking alcohol and driving is
13. If you need to slow down or stop when other drivers may not expect it, you should:
14. If a transit vehicle (bus) has signaled and is pulling back onto the roadway, you must:
15. Don't park within:
16. When driving through fog or rain, it is advisable to:
17. When you become a new resident to washington how many days do you have to get a washington driver's license.
18. You are on a highway with two traffic lanes in your direction and you see a vehicle stopped on the right shoulder of the road ahead with its hazard lights on. you should:
19. If you have had several beers before driving, the effects of alcohol will be reduced only by:
20. If your vehicle breaks down, you should:

Washington DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Washington, you must have a motorcycle endorsement on your current license or a motorcycle permit. Endorsements and permits are issued by the Department of Licensing (DOL). You can apply for a motorcycle permit or a 2-wheel or 3-wheel motorcycle endorsement at age 16. A motorcycle permit or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.

You can receive a 2-wheel or 3-wheel motorcycle endorsement either by applying for a motorcycle permit or by completing an approved motorcycle safety course. To receive your permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, hold a valid Washington driver's license, pass the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To receive your motorcycle endorsement, you must submit the required documentation, pass the riding skills exam, and pay the fees. Applicants who are under 18 must also complete an approved rider course. You can also receive the motorcycle endorsement if you successfully complete an approved motorcycle safety course, submit the required documentation, and pay the fees. If you complete a motorcycle safety course, the DOL tests will be waived.

Tests are scheduled through the DOL. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.