Washington DMV Motorcycle Test

Pass the Washington Motorcycle Permit test the first time with FREE Washington DMV Practice Tests. Study real motorcycle permit questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. Which of the following is an example of a dangerous surface?
2. When are motorcycles permitted to share a lane with another vehicle?
3. If there are two or more motorcycles riding together, they should ride
4. If you are approached by a dog, which of the following should you not do?
5. When parking against the curb, you should park
6. On a 4-lane divided roadway or a one-way road, a solid yellow line usually marks
7. If you are about to collide with an object and you wish to get the motorcycle to lean quickly to the right, you should
8. The x-marked rr sign warns that
9. When stopped for a traffic violation, which of the following documents must be provided by the driver?
10. If your motorcycle is not equipped with a windshield, you must
11. As a motorcycle rider, how many positions do you have available in a single traffic lane?
12. How can you use your clothing to help prevent collisions?
13. The best protection from other vehicles is
14. When buying a helmet you must make sure the helmet ____.
15. When traveling behind a car, a motorcycle rider must ride ____ where a driver is most likely to see him/her.
16. On a multilane roundabout, if you intend to exit the roundabout less than halfway around it, use
17. If you must swerve to the left, which of the following is the proper order of actions you should follow?
18. When might a driver try to squeeze by you in a lane?
19. When riding your motorcycle, your feet should be positioned
20. When passing, which of the following should you do?

Washington DMV Motorcycle Test

My score:

Other Washington Tests

About Motorcycle Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Washington, you must have a motorcycle endorsement on your current license or a motorcycle permit. Endorsements and permits are issued by the Department of Licensing (DOL). You can apply for a motorcycle permit or a 2-wheel or 3-wheel motorcycle endorsement at age 16. A motorcycle permit or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.

You can receive a 2-wheel or 3-wheel motorcycle endorsement either by applying for a motorcycle permit or by completing an approved motorcycle safety course. To receive your permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, hold a valid Washington driver's license, pass the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To receive your motorcycle endorsement, you must submit the required documentation, pass the riding skills exam, and pay the fees. Applicants who are under 18 must also complete an approved rider course. You can also receive the motorcycle endorsement if you successfully complete an approved motorcycle safety course, submit the required documentation, and pay the fees. If you complete a motorcycle safety course, the DOL tests will be waived.

Tests are scheduled through the DOL. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.