Pass the South Carolina Permit Test the first time with our FREE South Carolina Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. You may pass another vehicle on the right if it is waiting to
Park at the curb.
Turn into a driveway on the right.
2. What should you do before starting a vehicle?
Accommodate your feet to reach the foot controls properly.
Adjust your mirrors.
Be aware of obstacles around your vehicle
Make sure to adjust your seat to a comfortable position.
All of the answers listed.
3. Which of the following is true concerning interstate driving?
Posted speeds are appropriate for all conditions.
Those already on the interstate must yield to those entering the interstate.
You should signal your intention to change lanes at least 100 feet before changing lanes
The extreme right lane is for passing and those moving at higher speeds.
You do not need to check your blind spots on the interstate.
4. If you have an out of state permit, ____ may go towards the state's 180 day wait requirement, which necessitates applicants wait 180 days before taking the road test.
As many days that you have held the permit.
Only 20 days.
Only 25 days
Only 30 days.
Only 60 days.
5. If a traffic officer signals you to pass through a stop sign without stopping, what should you do?
Come to a complete stop at the stop sign.
Come to a complete stop next to the traffic officer.
Pull to the side of the road
Pass through the stop sign without stopping.
6. When you want to enter a freeway, you should
Enter the freeway at or near the speed of the freeway traffic.
Enter the freeway with a minimum speed.
Stop before merging into freeway traffic
Stop and yield to the traffic on the freeway.
7. When you want to make a right turn, your car must be
Near the center of the street.
Close to the left side of the street.
Close to the right side of the street.
Past the center of the intersection when you begin to turn.
8. A driver may park in a space reserved for people with disabilities if the vehicle displays license plates for the disabled
Regardless of who is in the vehicle.
Only if the driver is disabled.
And is carrying the disabled person named on the registration
If someone in the driver's immediate family is disabled.
9. Things that can distract you from the road include
Checking the traffic behind you frequently.
Always checking mirrors.
Checking blind spots
Text messaging and talking on the phone.
10. What are some effects on driving ability when becoming older?
Hearing is less keen.
All of the answers listed.
Sight is less keen
Slower judgement time.
Slower response time.
11. If the motorist sees pedestrians in a crosswalk, what should the motorist do?
Pull to the right and go behind them.
Go ahead. the motorist has the right-of-way.
Wait for them to cross
12. If you are driving and you find that nothing seems to help you stay awake, you should:
Turn on your air-conditioner and drink coffee.
Open your windows and turn up the radio.
Pull off the road, park, remove your ignition key and rest.
Drive faster so you can reach your destination quicker.
13. The traffic striping marks of diagonal yellow lines are on streets and highways. these indicate
A) the road is narrowing.
B) there is an obstruction on the roadway.
Neither a) nor b)
Either a) or b).
14. When near a car at night, you need to dim your headlights at least how many feet from the approaching vehicle?
15. If you are stopped, intending to turn left, but oncoming vehicles are approaching, you should:
Turn immediately if there are no pedestrians nearby.
Give the oncoming vehicles the right-of-way.
Turn because you have the right-of-way.
Keep driving, until you can find a safer place to make a turn.
16. When should you not insist on taking your legal right-of-way?
When other drivers want to drive faster.
Never. it confuses other drivers.
When it helps prevent accidents.
When you have two or more passengers in the vehicle.
17. If you skid while hydroplaning, you should
Switch off the engine.
Release the accelerator.
Press the brake pedal hard
Push down on the gas pedal.
18. Which of the following is not a true statement about safety belts?
Seat belts should be worn low and snug on the hips and tight across the shoulder.
They keep you from being thrown from the car.
You will be trapped after an accident if you wear a safety belt
They slow your body down with your car.
19. If you experience slipping, skidding or hydroplaning while driving, you should:
Slowly ease the gas pedal.
Do not turn or stop quickly, turn slowly and only as needed.
Gently pump disc brakes or use abs brakes as directed.
All of the above.
20. Hydroplaning occurs when tires ride on a thin film of water instead of the road. to prevent hydroplaning, you should:
Put on your cruise control to maintain a constant speed.
Move to the shoulder of the road immediately Grade
South Carolina DMV Driving Test