Pass the Rhode Island Permit Test the first time with our FREE Rhode Island Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. Which of the following is not a safe action for passing
Look in your rearview mirrors and over your left shoulder before pulling out to pass.
Go far enough pas a bicycle you are passing so that you are able to see the bicyclist in your inside rearview mirror.
Leave less than 4 feet of space between your vehicle and any vehicle you are passing.
Signal left to let other drivers know that you will be pulling out.
2. If a person is crossing the street at a corner without crosswalks, you should:
Take the right-of-way.
Slow down and proceed with care.
Let the person have the right-of-way.
Stop 4 feet from the corner.
3. You must stop at the intersection ahead. just before the intersection, you have to cross railroad tracks. you should stop before you cross the railroad tracks when:
You transport two or more children in a passenger vehicle.
The crossing is located in a city or town with frequent train traffic.
You don't have room on the other side to completely cross the tracks
4. A first offense of refusing to take a chemical test will lead to a ____ month suspension.
5. A driver may park in a space reserved for people with disabilities if the vehicle displays license plates for the disabled
Regardless of who is in the vehicle.
Only if the driver is disabled.
And is carrying the disabled person named on the registration
If someone in the driver's immediate family is disabled.
6. If there is a solid double yellow line in the center of the roadway, you:
May turn left into a private driveway.
Are on a one-way street.
Are in a center left turn lane.
May cross it to overtake slow moving vehicles.
7. When is it illegal to drive below the speed limit?
When driving slowly disrupts the normal flow of traffic.
When driving slowly due to adverse weather conditions.
Only in rural areas.
Only within city limits.
8. It is illegal to enter an intersection when:
You cannot cross without obstructing traffic on either side.
The lane you want to enter is blocked.
The light is yellow.
The light is flashing yellow and you have not come to a complete stop first.
9. You may not cross a single broken white (or yellow) line
When to do so would interfere with traffic.
When turning left into a driveway.
When the car in front is disabled.
When passing to the right on a one-way street.
10. A driver who is taking a non-prescription drug should
Read the labels on the drug before driving.
Drink alcohol instead.
Continue to drive
Drive only during daylight hours.
11. Your brake lights tell other drivers that you:
Have your emergency brake on.
Are making a turn.
Are changing lanes.
Are slowing down or stopping.
12. If you approach a person (who is about to cross the road) walking with a white cane, or a white cane tipped with red, you must
Take a detour.
Use your horn.
13. Work zone signs mean:
It is summer.
You should drive faster to get out of the work zone.
Less than ideal conditions are present for driving.
You must immediately stop and back up.
14. A driver who wants to enter a highway from a private road
Must stop and yield to the vehicles on the highway.
Must switch on the flashing lights of the vehicle and enter the highway.
Can take a sharp turn and enter the highway while blowing the horn
Can enter the highway without signaling.
15. When you're driving through a roundabout, which of the following statements is false?
Don't try to pass bicyclists within the roundabout.
Always enter the roundabout to the left and proceed on the left side of the central island.
Yield to vehicles and bicyclists within the circulating roadway
Put on your right turn signal to tell drivers that you intend to exit.
16. Select the statement below that is false:
The more a person weighs, the more alcohol it takes to raise their bac.
If people weigh the same amount, the one with more body fat will show signs of intoxication first.
Drinking 3 drinks in one hour affects you just the same as drinking 3 drinks in 3 hours.
17. Allowing a space cushion is important because it:
Keeps traffic flowing at a safe pace.
Keeps other drivers alert.
Prevents distractions from other vehicles.
Allows you time to react to situations.
18. When passing a large vehicle, do not pull back in front of the vehicle until you can see its
Headlights in your inside rearview mirror.
Headlights in your right side mirror.
Driver in your left side mirror
Headlights in your left side mirror.
19. When a red light flashes at a railroad crossing, you must:
Stop only if you see a train coming.
Stop 10 ft behind the signal.
Stop and then proceed when safe.
Slow down before crossing.
20. When taking any medicine, you should:
Consult your doctor about the effects before driving.
Have someone follow you home.
Keep your window open and drive more slowly. Grade
Rhode Island DMV Driving Test