Pass the Rhode Island Permit Test the first time with our FREE Rhode Island Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. Your blind spot is the area of the road:
Directly behind your vehicle.
You see in your rearview mirror.
You see in your side mirror.
You cannot see without moving your head.
2. Blind spots are:
Spots in your vision when you become fatigued.
Traffic control devices.
Areas of the road that cannot be seen even when looking into your mirrors. check over your shoulders to avoid hitting vehicles that are in your blind spots when you change lanes
3. You are approaching a green traffic light, but traffic is blocking the intersection. what is the best thing to do?
Don't enter the intersection until you can get completely across.
Continue into the intersection and wait for traffic to clear.
Partially enter the intersection to establish your right of way.
4. A driver approaching a flashing red traffic signal must:
Stop before entering the intersection.
Merge to the right.
Drive carefully without stopping.
Slow down at the light.
5. If two vehicles arrive at an intersection at the same time, you must yield the right-of-way to the vehicle
On your left.
On your right.
With more passengers.
With less passengers.
6. The 'implied consent law' says you have agreed to take a test for the alcohol content of your blood:
Whenever you drive in the state.
On the advice of any attorney.
Only if ordered by a court.
Only if you were observed breaking the law.
7. Before changing lanes or attempting to pass another vehicle, you should:
Check your blind spots, mirrors, and look over shoulder toward the rear.
Signal your intention before changing lanes.
All of the above
8. If you are driving on a road with 3 or more lanes, you should stay ____, except when passing another vehicle.
In the extreme left lane.
In the extreme right lane.
In the middle lane.
On the shoulder of the road.
9. When there is water on the roadway, you must reduce your speed to avoid
Overheating of the tires.
Wear and tear.
Traction of the tires on the road
10. When changing lanes, you should never:
Check for other drivers moving into the same lane.
Check over your left or right shoulder to check for blind spots.
Change lanes in an intersection.
11. Unless posted , a u-turn cannot be made in a
12. Drinking alcohol and driving is
A minor traffic safety problem.
A serious traffic safety problem.
Safe if you only have a few drinks
Only dangerous to the driver who drinks.
13. You should use a turn-out lane when:
You want to make a u-turn.
Faster drivers want to pass you.
You want to pass another driver.
You want to park your vehicle on the road.
14. If you drive up a narrow, steep road and meet a car with no room to pass:
You should back down the road.
The other driver should back up the road.
Neither driver should back at all.
You should back down the road if the other vehicle is a truck.
15. What should you do if an oncoming car at night approaches with its high-beams on?
Flash your high-beams quickly at the other driver.
Look to the right lane or right edge of the road.
Slow down and look straight ahead in your lane.
Look to the left lane or left edge of the road.
16. Which of the following is true regarding safety belts?
They need to be worn only when driving at high speed.
They keep you from being thrown clear to safety, which lowers your chances of surviving accidents.
Most likely you will drown if your seatbelt is on when your car goes into a lake or river.
They increase your chances of survival in most types of accidents.
17. You must not cross a double line to pass another vehicle if the line on your side:
Is a broken yellow one.
Is a solid or double solid yellow one.
Has double raised yellow dots.
Is none of the above.
18. Pedestrians using guide dogs or white canes must:
Be given the right-of-way at corners only.
Be given the right-of-way at all times.
Cross at intersections with traffic controls only.
Never cross without being assisted by other pedestrians.
19. If you have trouble seeing other vehicles because of dust or smoke blowing across the roadway, you should drive slower and turn on your:
20. Orange construction signs warn you:
Of workers and road equipment ahead.
That there are driver services ahead.
Of an accident ahead.
That you will have to come to a complete stop shortly. Grade
Rhode Island DMV Driving Test