Pass the Pennsylvania Permit Test the first time with our FREE Pennsylvania Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. If there are still other vehicles in the intersection when your red light turns green, you should:
2. When parking your vehicle on any hill:
3. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
4. Which statement about parking is false?
5. If you are approaching a stop sign, you must
6. A steady yellow light means that a ____ light will soon appear.
7. Distracted drivers are at a greater risk of a crash when they are using which of the following:
8. If you get trapped behind traffic on railroad tracks and a train is approaching, you should:
9. Roads become very slippery:
10. The amount of alcohol in the blood is referred to as:
11. When approaching a stopped school bus with its red lights flashing and its stop arm extended, you must:
12. What effect does drinking alcohol and taking a prescription drug or over the counter medicine have
13. If your turn signals fail, you should use ____ to indicate you are turning.
14. If an approaching train is near enough or going fast enough to be a danger, you must
15. What should you do if fog closes in completely while you are driving, and visibility is reduced to near zero?
16. If you have trouble seeing other vehicles because of dust, precipitation or smoke blowing across the roadway, you should drive slower and turn on your:
17. If you are driving and you find that nothing seems to help you stay awake, you should:
18. A triangular orange sign on the back of a slow-moving vehicle indicates that
To operate a motorcycle in Pennsylvania, you must have a Class M license or permit. Licenses are issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT). The first step of the licensing process is to apply for a Class M learner's permit. Once you have received your permit, you can apply for a Class M license. Applicants under the age of 18 must hold the permit for at least six months before applying for a license. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a Class M learner's permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, complete any required coursework and driving hours, and pay the fees. To receive a Class M license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the motorcycle rider skills test, and pay the fees. The motorcycle skills test can be waived if you successfully complete a motorcycle safety program.
Tests are scheduled through the DOT. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about road safety and traffic laws. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail, you may have to wait a week to retest.