Pass the New Jersey Permit Test the first time with our FREE New Jersey Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
2. Which of the following is the correct procedure to use when encountering a skid on wet or icy roads?
3. When you see a flashing yellow signal at an intersection, you should
4. Using the unpaved shoulder of the road to pass to the right of a car is permitted if:
5. If you approach an intersection with a steady yellow light, you must
6. This road sign means that
7. The amount of space you need to cross traffic depends on the:
8. Your blind spot is the area of the road:
9. When driving on a slippery surface such as snow or ice:
10. What does a flashing yellow light mean
11. If your car breaks down on a highway, you should:
12. Your brake lights tell other drivers that you:
13. Which is true about driving while taking prescription drugs?
14. Alcohol effects which aspects of a driver's abilities?
15. The BAC is determined by all of the following except:
16. After what age should drivers have their vision checked yearly?
17. Select the statement below that is false:
18. The danger areas around trucks and buses where crashes are more likely to occur are called
19. On some roadways, some lanes reserved as 'transit' are used for
20. Drivers must maintain a constant speed when passing and reentering the lane in front of trucks or buses, since trucks and buses require
To operate a motorcycle in New Jersey, you must have a motorcycle license or endorsement on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC). You must be at least 17 years old to apply. A motorcycle license or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle permit, you must apply, pass the state's 6-point ID requirements, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. You must hold the permit for a set period of time, which varies depending on your age and the type of license, before you can take the road test to receive your motorcycle license or endorsement. Additionally, minors must complete a Motorcycle Safety Education Program Basic Rider Course before moving to the next step. To receive a motorcycle license, you must fulfill the permit requirements, apply, submit the documentation, and pass the motorcycle road test. To receive a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license, you can complete the motorcycle permit requirements and pass the motorcycle road test, or you can complete a basic rider course. You will also have to pay the fees.
Tests are scheduled through the MVC. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle road test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait two weeks to retest.