Pass the New Jersey Permit Test the first time with our FREE New Jersey Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. In the young adult road option, to get a probationary license, you must complete ____ months of supervised driving.
2. Don't follow other cars too closely because:
3. On a sharp curve, you should use your brakes to slow your vehicle:
4. The purpose of the new digital driver license in new jersey is:
5. Drivers operating vehicles on a divided highway must ____ unless directed to do by a sign, traffic control device, or police officer.
6. Which of the following statements is true about BAC (blood alcohol content)
7. What are the colors of a sign which tells you the distance to the next exit of a highway?
8. As you near an intersection, the traffic light changes from green to yellow. your best action would be to
9. Which of the following is the correct procedure to use when encountering a skid on wet or icy roads?
10. An intersection has a stop sign, crosswalk, but no stop line. you must stop
11. Maggie's law' makes it a crime to drive in what condition?
12. If you see a solid white line between lanes of traffic, you must
13. If you have an interlock ignition system installed in your vehicle after a dui, at what blood alcohol concentration will the system prevent the vehicle from starting?
14. When you're driving through a roundabout, which of the following statements is false?
15. A driver may pass on the right of another vehicle in which of these situations?
16. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
17. The restrictions for special permit, examination permit, and probationary license holders include
18. The 'three-second rule' applies to the space ____ of your vehicle.
19. Black on orange signs on a highway identify
20. Before reaching the crest of a hill or entering a curve, you must ____ and watch for oncoming vehicles.
To operate a motorcycle in New Jersey, you must have a motorcycle license or endorsement on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC). You must be at least 17 years old to apply. A motorcycle license or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle permit, you must apply, pass the state's 6-point ID requirements, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. You must hold the permit for a set period of time, which varies depending on your age and the type of license, before you can take the road test to receive your motorcycle license or endorsement. Additionally, minors must complete a Motorcycle Safety Education Program Basic Rider Course before moving to the next step. To receive a motorcycle license, you must fulfill the permit requirements, apply, submit the documentation, and pass the motorcycle road test. To receive a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license, you can complete the motorcycle permit requirements and pass the motorcycle road test, or you can complete a basic rider course. You will also have to pay the fees.
Tests are scheduled through the MVC. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle road test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait two weeks to retest.