Pass the Nebraska Permit Test the first time with our FREE Nebraska Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. When you are towing a trailer:
2. It is legal to go faster than the speed limit when passing another vehicle.
3. If you are stopped, intending to turn left, but oncoming vehicles are approaching, you should:
4. When you are driving in the left lane of a 4-lane freeway and wish to exit on the right, you should:
5. Fines for speeding are tripled in work and school zone areas.
6. Children under the age of ____ must ride in an approved safety seat.
7. Which of these statements is true about road construction zones
8. If you have had several beers before driving, the effects of alcohol will be reduced only by:
9. The 'three-second rule' applies to the space ____ of your vehicle.
10. When approaching an intersection with a flashing red light:
11. Motorists overtaking a bicycle proceeding in the same direction should leave a safe distance of no less than ____ foot/feet clearance when passing a bicycle and shall maintain such clearance until safely past the overtaken bicycle.
12. You may avoid the risks of alcohol-related crashes by
13. Lap and shoulder belt combinations in your car are:
14. Using a hand-held wireless communication device to read, type, or send messages while operating a vehicle is a violation of the law with a penalty of what?
15. You must yield the right-of-way to an approaching vehicle when you are
16. You may make a left turn at a red light if you are turning from
17. If a blind pedestrian is waiting at a crosswalk with a white cane or a guide dog, you must
18. If you are in an intersection and hear the siren of an emergency vehicle, you should
19. In what year did most vehicles become equipped with a spring loaded steering wheel lock device?
20. When making a right turn on a green light, you must:
To operate a motorcycle in Nebraska, you must have a Class M license. Licenses are issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). At age 16, you can apply for a Class M Provisional Operator's Permit (POP) or a POP with a motorcycle endorsement. At age 17, you can apply for a Class M license. A motorcycle permit, endorsement, or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a Class M permit or motorcycle endorsement, you must apply, submit your documentation, complete the required coursework and driving hours, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle written test, and pay the fees. You are not required to take the written test if you have completed a motorcycle safety course and hold a learner's permit (LPD) or school permit (SCP). To receive a Class M license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, knowledge exam, and motorcycle skills test. If you already hold a Class M POP or LPD, or a permit with a motorcycle endorsement, the written test may be waived.
Tests are scheduled through the DMV. The motorcycle written test contains 25 questions about road rules and safe riding practices. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail the skills test three times, you must complete a driver training course or hold an LPD for 90 days before you can test again.