Pass the Mississippi Permit Test the first time with our FREE Mississippi Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. If you are stopped, intending to turn left, but oncoming vehicles are approaching, you should:
Turn immediately if there are no pedestrians nearby.
Give the oncoming vehicles the right-of-way.
Turn because you have the right-of-way.
Keep driving, until you can find a safer place to make a turn.
2. Which of the following must not be done when brakes fail while driving?
Pump the brake pedal to restore brake pressure.
Rub the wheels against a curb to reduce speed.
Stop the vehicle by colliding head-on into a solid object
Downshift to a lower gear to reduce speed.
3. When following another vehicle at night you should use:
Your low beams.
Your high beams.
4. What is a crosswalk?
An area designated for road construction workers.
Another name for a 4-way intersection.
The area where pedestrians may cross the roadway.
5. You want to make a right turn at the corner. a pedestrian with a guide dog is at the corner ready to cross the street in front of you. before making your right turn, you should:
Wait until the person cross the street.
Tell the pedestrian when to cross the street.
Turn off your engine until the person crosses the street.
6. When you drive through a construction zone, you should:
Pass the construction zone carefully and not 'rubberneck'.
Slow down to watch the workers.
Decrease your following distance.
7. What is one rule to keep in mind when pedestrians are around?
Both maintain the vehicle under control and never attempt to anticipate the movements of a pedestrian.
Maintain the vehicle under control.
Try to guess a pedestrian's movement
Never attempt to anticipate the movements of a pedestrian.
Pedestrians never have the right-of-way.
8. If a traffic light is broken or not functioning you should:
Stop and wait for it to be repaired.
Stop and wait for a police officer to arrive.
Continue as if it were a 4-way stop sign.
Continue as you normally would.
9. You see a car approaching from the rear, but when you check your mirror again before changing lanes, you no longer see it. you should:
Turn your signal on and change lanes slowly.
Look over your shoulder to be sure the car is not in your blind spot.
Signal, honk your horn, and change lanes slowly.
Accelerate to change lanes quicker.
10. When stopped at railroad tracks with no crossing gates, you may cross:
As soon as the train has passed your roadway.
Only when the train is completely out of sight.
Only when you can see clearly in both directions.
Only if it is not raining.
11. You may turn right on red if you:
Stop first and check for traffic and pedestrians.
Have a right turn red arrow.
Are in the left lane.
Slow down first.
12. When you are driving in the left lane of a 4-lane freeway and wish to exit on the right, you should:
Carefully cross all the lanes at one time.
Accelerate so you travel faster than all other traffic on the highway.
Slow before beginning each lane change.
Change lanes one at a time until you are in the proper lane.
13. Zero tolerance for minors is considered to be higher than .02 but less than ____.
14. If you need to slow down or stop when other drivers may not expect it, you should:
Use your emergency brake.
Look over your shoulder for traffic in your blind spot.
Quickly tap your brake pedal a few times.
Get ready to blow your horn.
15. To control your speed on steep downgrades, you should
Use a lower gear.
Press the accelerator hard.
Apply your brakes continuously
Use a higher gear.
16. When overtaking and passing another vehicle on a two-lane road, you should pass
On either the left or the right of the vehicle.
Only on the right of the vehicle.
Only on the left of the vehicle
On neither the left nor the right of the vehicle.
17. When you hear a siren or see a vehicle approaching with flashing lights:
Move into the right lane and drive slowly until the vehicle has passed.
Maintain speed and stay in your lane until the vehicle has passed.
Pull over to the curb or edge of the road and stop to allow the emergency vehicle to pass.
18. If an oncoming vehicle has started to turn left in front of you:
Maintain your speed and take your right-of-way.
Slow or stop your car to prevent an accident.
Honk your horn to warn the other driver and maintain your speed.
Accelerate so you can clear the dangerous area quicker.
19. When passing someone on a bicycle, you should stay at least ____ feet away.
Mississippi DMV Driving Test