Pass the Mississippi Permit Test the first time with our FREE Mississippi Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. When approaching an intersection with a flashing yellow light:
Slow and proceed with caution.
You must come to a complete stop at the intersection.
Maintain your normal speed
2. Which of the following is true regarding safety belts?
They need to be worn only when driving at high speed.
They keep you from being thrown clear to safety, which lowers your chances of surviving accidents.
Most likely you will drown if your seatbelt is on when your car goes into a lake or river.
They increase your chances of survival in most types of accidents.
3. You should not enter an intersection with limited space, knowing you will block the intersection:
Unless you have the right-of-way.
Under any circumstances.
Unless some of the cross traffic can get around you.
Unless there are no drivers behind you.
4. When you drive through a construction zone, you should:
Pass the construction zone carefully and not 'rubberneck'.
Slow down to watch the workers.
Decrease your following distance.
5. On average, the human body can dispose of the alcohol in 12 oz of beer in about
6. To avoid sudden last-minute moves, how far ahead should you look when scanning the road for hazards?
4 to six seconds.
Six to eight seconds.
10 to 15 seconds.
15 to 30 seconds.
7. Children on bicycles should be given even more space by motor vehicle operators because:
They are smaller and more difficult to see.
They do not have the same physical reflexes as an adult.
Both. they are smaller and more difficult to see and they do not have the same physical reflexes as an adult.
8. If you always let other drivers go ahead of you at intersections, you are most likely:
Improving traffic flow.
Causing traffic delays.
Effectively using defensive driving techniques.
9. If the roadway is wet or icy you should
Reduce your speed.
Stay at the posted speed.
10. Driving under the influence of any drug that makes you drive unsafely is permitted:
If it is not an illegal drug.
If it is a prescription drug.
Under no circumstances.
As long as you drive slowly.
11. A mississippi driver must maintain a temporary driver's permit for ____ before applying for a driver's license.
September 4, 2018
March 4, 2018
October 4, 2017
June 4, 2018
12. Before you leave a parking space which is parallel to the curb you should
Sound your horn.
Turn on your 4-way flasher.
Look for traffic by turning your head
Look for traffic by using your inside rear-view mirror.
13. If traveling at 55 mph, you should follow the vehicle in front of you no closer than:
None of the answers listed
14. Alcohol in any concentration is:
Neither of the above.
15. When changing a lane, all of the following are correct maneuvers, except
When you turn your head to check the blind spots, turn the steering wheel.
Not taking your eyes off the road ahead for more than an instant.
Looking in your rearview and side mirrors
Looking over your shoulder in the direction you plan to move to check the blind spots.
16. When turning left at an intersection:
You should never yield to oncoming traffic and pedestrians.
You should always yield to oncoming traffic and pedestrians.
Oncoming traffic and pedestrians should yield to you.
17. You see a car approaching from the rear, but when you check your mirror again before changing lanes, you no longer see it. you should:
Turn your signal on and change lanes slowly.
Look over your shoulder to be sure the car is not in your blind spot.
Signal, honk your horn, and change lanes slowly.
Accelerate to change lanes quicker.
18. Which of the following is a dangerous thing to do in work zones?
Tailgate another vehicle.
Fail to carefully watch for workers and moving equipment.
All of the above
19. Drivers turning left must yield to:
20. If you find yourself in a skid while driving, you must
Ease your foot off the gas and carefully steer in the opposite direction you want the front of the car to go.
Apply brakes immediately and carefully steer in the opposite direction you want the front of the car to go.
Ease your foot off the gas and carefully steer in the direction you want the front of the car to go
Apply brakes immediately and carefully steer in the direction you want the front of the car to go. Grade
Mississippi DMV Driving Test