Pass the Mississippi Permit Test the first time with our FREE Mississippi Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. If you have had several beers before driving, the effects of alcohol will be reduced only by:
Taking a cold shower.
Waiting several hours.
Drinking several cups of coffee.
2. If a driver behind you repeatedly flashes his/her headlights, you should
Increase your vehicle speed and move ahead.
Get out of the way.
Switch on your low-beam lights
Switch on your high-beam lights.
3. You must wear a helmet approved by the ____ if you drive a motorcycle on mississippi roads.
American academy of helmets.
American association of motor vehicle administrators.
Helmet association of america
None of the listed answers.
4. Which of these is a safe driving practice?
Checking your rearview mirrors frequently.
Staring at the road ahead of your vehicle.
Using your high-beam lights in the fog.
5. When you want to pass a large truck in the center of 3 lanes, it is best to pass:
Quickly on the left and move ahead of it.
Very slowly on the left and move ahead of it.
Very quickly on the right and move ahead of it.
Very slowly on the right and stay in your lane.
6. You may cross a double, yellow line to pass another vehicle, if the yellow line next to:
The other side of the road is a solid line.
The other side of the road is a broken line.
Your side of the road is a broken line
7. Bac means:
Blood alcohol concentration.
Blood alcohol conservation.
Blood alcohol content.
8. When passing a truck or commercial motor vehicle, the passing automobile driver must watch for
The weight of the truck.
The side, rear, and front no-zones.
The length of the truck
The large mirrors of the truck.
9. Which of the below are common factors contributing to traffic crashes?
Exceeding the posted speed limit and driving too fast for conditions or circumstances.
Scanning the environment and staying focused on the driving task.
Getting adequate rest and staying alert.
10. Stopping distances and severity of crashes
Increase as vehicle speed increases.
Decrease as vehicle speed increases.
Are not affected by vehicle speed.
11. Which of the following statements is true for driver's license applicants who are under 17 years old?
Applicants under 17 years old are not eligible to apply for a driver's license.
The learner's permit fee is $15.
The learner's permit is valid for 6 months
Your application for a mississippi driver's license must be signed by your parent or guardian.
12. A safe speed to drive your car
Is the posted speed limit.
Is less than the posted speed limit.
Depends on the weather and road conditions
Depends on the mechanical skill of the driver.
13. A driver distraction is:
Anything that causes evasive action while driving.
Anything that causes you to pay more attention to driving.
Anything that takes your attention away from driving.
14. Blind spots are:
Traffic control devices.
Areas of the road that cannot be seen even when looking into your mirrors. check over your shoulders to avoid hitting vehicles that are in your blind spots when you change lanes.
Spots in your vision when you become fatigued
15. When you park on a hill, with the vehicle heading down the hill:
Turn your wheels sharply towards the side of the road.
Turn your wheels away from the side of the road.
Keep your wheels straight
16. Farm machinery is exempt from size, weight and height limitations when operated during ____ hours on any state highway within ____ mils of point of origin.
17. Which of these statements is true about drinking alcohol and driving?
If you are under the legal blood alcohol concentration limit, your driving isn't impaired.
Alcohol affects judgement, which is needed for driving safely.
If you can walk a straight line after drinking, it is safe to drive.
18. Driving slower than other traffic tends to:
Make an accident more likely to happen.
Make an accident less likely to happen.
Not change the chances of having an accident.
Is a defensive driving technique.
19. Using the unpaved shoulder of the road to pass to the right of a car is permitted if:
The car ahead is waiting to turn left.
It should never be done.
You are turning right at the next corner.
You are riding a motorcycle.
20. When a red light flashes at a railroad crossing, you must:
Stop only if you see a train coming.
Stop 10 ft behind the signal.
Stop and then proceed when safe.
Slow down before crossing. Grade
Mississippi DMV Driving Test