Pass the Mississippi Permit Test the first time with our FREE Mississippi Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. To avoid sudden last-minute moves, how far ahead should you look when scanning the road for hazards?
4 to six seconds.
Six to eight seconds.
10 to 15 seconds.
15 to 30 seconds.
2. You are driving in the far right lane of a 4 lane freeway and notice thick broken white lines on the left side of your lane. you are driving in
A special lane for slow moving vehicles.
The carpool lane and must merge into the next lane.
An exit lane.
3. In work zones, you should
Avoid tailgating and keep a safe following distance.
Pass the driver in front of you as soon as you can.
Follow the driver in front of you closely.
4. When leaving alleys or driveways:
Stop before driving onto the sidewalk to sidewalk area.
Drivers should increase speed to get into the flow of traffic safely.
Stop only if pedestrians are on the sidewalk area
5. In mississippi, any person convicted of 3 dui charges within a 5-year period shall have their license revoked for a period of:
September 4, 2018
September 4, 2019
September 4, 2022
September 4, 2020
September 4, 2027
6. You are eligible to apply for an original driver's license if:
You have reached the age of 16 years and 6 months, have held an intermediate license for 6 months without certain convictions.
Under 18 with proper documentation obtained from the school or department of education showing you are currently enrolled in school.
You have held an out of state license for at 6 months
All of the answers listed.
7. If traffic prevents you from crossing all the way across a set of railroad tracks, you may proceed only when
An approaching train is not moving fast enough to be a danger.
There is room for your vehicle on the other side.
At least one-half of your vehicle can cross the tracks.
No trains are in sight.
8. When a red light flashes at a railroad crossing, you must:
Stop only if you see a train coming.
Stop 10 ft behind the signal.
Stop and then proceed when safe.
Slow down before crossing.
9. If you meet a stopped school bus with the lights flashing and the signal arm extended, you should:
Proceed at normal speed, but watch for children.
Proceed at 15 mph if no children are present.
10. Which of the following is a step a driver should generally perform when they park their vehicle?
All of the answers listed.
Put the gears in park.
Remove the ignition key after you have parked
Set the handbrake firmly.
11. ____ are areas around a truck or other heavy vehicle in which other vehicles disappear into blind spots.
13. Which of the following is true - people driving under the influence of alcohol are
Not a problem.
Every driver's problem whether they drink or not.
A police enforcement problem only
Only a problem to those who drink.
14. Which of the following driving skills is/are affected by the use of alcohol and/or drugs?
All of the above
15. Just like alcohol and other drugs, driving while drowsy can:
Help you to be a better driver.
Make you feel better.
Impair your judgment.
16. When making a right turn from a 4-lane divided highway, enter the right lane well in advance of the turn and make
A tight turn into the left lane of the cross street.
A right turn at a high speed.
A tight turn into the right lane of the cross street
A wide turn into the right lane of the cross street.
17. Which of these statements is true about driving and taking medications
Over the counter medications cannot impair driving ability if taken in the recommended dosages.
Medications are safe to take at any time if prescribed by a doctor.
Most cold medications can make a person drowsy.
18. Before stopping your vehicle on the roadway:
Set the parking brake.
Place your foot on the accelerator.
Check mirrors for traffic.
19. Your hand brake needs to be able to stop your vehicle in ____ feet while going 20 miles per hour.
20. When following another vehicle you should use:
Parking lights. Grade
Mississippi DMV Driving Test