Pass the Mississippi Permit Test the first time with our FREE Mississippi Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. A chemical test is used to measure
Blood alcohol content.
2. In work zones, you should
Avoid tailgating and keep a safe following distance.
Pass the driver in front of you as soon as you can.
Follow the driver in front of you closely.
3. If you are over ____ blood alcohol concentration (bac), you are in violation of the law.
4. If you drink alcohol socially, what helps insure safe driving
Drink coffee before driving.
Ride home with a friend who has not been drinking.
Take a cold shower before driving
Stop drinking one-half hour before driving.
5. Brakes must be strong enough to stop the vehicle in 30 feet at a speed of what?
6. Orange colored signs and flags mean that you must be alert for:
Changed road conditions and/or road workers.
High occupancy lanes.
7. Which of the following is true of slippery roads?
Shaded areas may have hidden ice spots that freeze first/dry last.
Bridges and overpasses usually freeze before roads do.
Wet leaves cause slipping, and wet ice is slicker than ice alone.
All of the above.
8. When two vehicles enter an intersection from different highways at the same time, which vehicle must yield the right-of-way
Vehicle on the left.
Vehicle on the right.
9. Which of these is a legal u-turn?
Over two sets of double yellow lines in the roadway.
150 feet away from a hill or curve.
On a highway where there is a paved opening for a turn.
100 feet away from a hill or a curve.
10. When a pedestrian is crossing a street guided by a dog or carrying a white cane
You must yield the right of way at corners only.
You must tell them where to cross the street.
You must always yield the right-of-way.
11. If you received your learner's permit at 14. it is not valid after ____.
None of the listed answers.
You turn 16.
You turn 15
You turn 17.
12. If you are parked parallel to the curb, you may get out of the car on the traffic side
During the daytime when other drivers can see you.
When the traffic light at the closest intersection turns red.
When you won't interfere with oncoming vehicles
If you use your 4-way flasher first.
13. You see a car approaching from the rear, but when you check your mirror again before changing lanes, you no longer see it. you should:
Turn your signal on and change lanes slowly.
Look over your shoulder to be sure the car is not in your blind spot.
Signal, honk your horn, and change lanes slowly.
Accelerate to change lanes quicker.
14. At intersections with a 'yield' sign, you must:
Yield the right-of-way to cross traffic close enough to cause conflict.
Yield to those vehicles only on your right.
Slow down and proceed.
15. If you are being followed too closely (tailgated), you must
Increase your speed to avoid the driver behind you.
Slow down and encourage the driver behind you to pass.
Tap your horn to warn the driver
Stop your car on the road and argue with the driver following you.
16. According to nathan's law, a driver behind a school bus must come to a complete stop of how many feet when the school bus has its flashing red lights on?
17. Which of the following is not a good tip for a safer driving?
Adjusting the seat to a comfortable position.
Driving with both hands on the wheel.
Keeping the windshield clean and free from obstruction
Looking through the rear view mirror when backing up the vehicle.
18. If you are in an intersection and hear the siren of an emergency vehicle, you should
Continue through the intersection, then drive to the left and stop.
Move to the right and stop in the intersection.
Move to the left and stop in the intersection
Continue through the intersection, then drive to the right and stop.
19. If you do not have a social security card you ____.
Can just sign a statement stating you have one somewhere.
Can order one by mail and bring it in later.
None of the listed answers
Must get one first.
20. You should not use your horn when
Near blind pedestrians.
You may hit another vehicle.
Visibility ahead is limited. Grade
Mississippi DMV Driving Test