Pass the Mississippi Permit Test the first time with our FREE Mississippi Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. When leaving alleys or driveways:
Stop before driving onto the sidewalk to sidewalk area.
Drivers should increase speed to get into the flow of traffic safely.
Stop only if pedestrians are on the sidewalk area
2. You may continue carefully through a yellow light if:
There is an emergency vehicle crossing your lane.
There are no pedestrians crossing.
You are turning right.
You are within the intersection.
3. Which of these is the proper way to change lanes?
Signal, check your mirrors, and then change lanes.
Signal, check your mirrors, and look over your shoulder before you change lanes.
Signal before you change lanes and then move over quickly.
Check your mirrors, signal, accelerate and change lanes.
4. If you find yourself in a skid while driving, you must
Ease your foot off the gas and carefully steer in the opposite direction you want the front of the car to go.
Apply brakes immediately and carefully steer in the opposite direction you want the front of the car to go.
Ease your foot off the gas and carefully steer in the direction you want the front of the car to go
Apply brakes immediately and carefully steer in the direction you want the front of the car to go.
5. If the roadway is wet or icy you should
Reduce your speed.
Stay at the posted speed.
6. When you are parking off the roadway, outside of a residential or business area, you should leave how many feet for other vehicles to get around your parked vehicle?
7. Which of these is not safe driving practice?
Maintaining a three-second following distance.
Staring at the road ahead of your vehicle.
Keeping your low beam lights on during bad weather.
Keeping a space-cushion around the vehicle.
8. If a vehicle stalls on the tracks and the motorist sees a train coming, the motorist must
Try to start the engine.
Give a signal to the oncoming train.
Get out and walk clear of tracks.
Open all doors and wait for the help.
9. Lights and reflectors on your truck must be visible from how many feet to your rear?
None of the listed answers.
10. What should drivers do when approaching a construction area?
Honk their horn several times to alert individuals working in the area of their presence.
Increase their speed to get out of the way quickly.
Slow down, stop all wireless telephone communications and yield the right-of-way
11. A red arrow pointing to the right on a traffic light means you may
Turn in that direction after slowing and checking traffic.
Not turn in that direction until the light turns green.
Turn in that direction after you come to a complete stop.
12. You may cross a single solid white line in the highway
Whenever you want to.
If traffic conditions require.
Only to turn into a driveway.
Only to make a u-turn.
13. Drivers turning left must yield to:
14. When driving in snow or ice conditions:
It is safe to use your cruise control.
Drive as you would in normal conditions.
Make speed and directional changes more gradually.
15. If your car's suspension is bad, it can cause:
Play in the steering.
Vehicle control problems.
16. If you are driving faster than other traffic on a freeway, you must use
The middle or left-hand lane
The right-hand lane.
17. When making a left turn at a controlled intersection, a motorist must yield to
Vehicles on the right
Vehicles turning right.
18. Before returning to the original lane after passing another vehicle, you should:
Beep your horn.
Flash your headlights.
See both headlights of the passed vehicle in your rear view mirror.
19. A vehicle suddenly 'cuts' in front of you creating a hazard. which of these actions should you take first
Honk and step on the brake firmly.
Take your foot off the gas.
Swerve into the lane next to you.
20. Which of these vehicles must stop before crossing railroad tracks?
Tank trucks marked with hazardous materials placards.
Motor homes or pickup trucks towing a trailer.
Sport utility vehicles carrying 4 or more persons.
Vans and buses. Grade
Mississippi DMV Driving Test