Pass the Mississippi Motorcycle Permit test the first time with FREE Mississippi DMV Practice Tests. Study real motorcycle permit questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. What should you use to fasten your loads on your motorcycle?
2. What is the hand signal for stopping?
Arm extended straight down, palm facing back.
Arm extended straight out, palm facing up, swing upward.
Arm extended upward 45 degrees, palm forward pointing with index finger, swing in arc from back to front
Forearm extended, fist clenched with short up and down motion.
3. What is required in order for you to carry a passenger?
You must have a special license.
They are required to wear a face shield.
You must be equipped with special shocks.
They must have their own foot pegs.
4. When riding behind a car, which lane position will keep you the most visible to the driver?
Any lane position.
5. If you are carrying a lot of cargo, you may need to adjust your
6. Ride more safely at night by
Increasing your speed and decreasing your following distance.
Reducing your speed and decreasing your following distance.
Reducing your speed and increasing your following distance
Increasing your speed and increasing your following distance.
7. What does a pre-ride inspection entail? it entails everything but ____.
Filling up tires to an approximate pressure.
Inspecting stand and chassis
Maintaining proper oil levels.
Making sure controls work.
8. While gripping the handlebars, your arms should be positioned
So they are slightly bent.
With elbows at 90 degrees.
Anywhere on the handlegrips
With elbows locked.
9. What should you not do if you feel fatigued on the road?
Increase your speed above the speed limit but still within a limit you deem fit to operate the vehicle.
Make sure you are adequately clothed and protected from the environment.
Shorten the distance of your trip
Take frequent rests or breaks.
10. The best way to cross unavoidable obstacles on the road is to
Put your feet down for support.
Cross them at a 90-degree angle.
Walk your motorcycle across them
Cross them at a 45-degree angle.
11. How should you deal with dogs that chase you while operating your motorcycle?
Approach the dog slowly, then accelerate as you pass it to leave it behind.
Kick the dog away from you.
Weave on the road to avoid the dog at your normal speed
Completely stop and wait for the dog to go away.
Speed up to avoid the dog.
12. What is a hazard that you must watch for when being passed by another vehicle?
Objects being thrown from windows.
Extended side mirrors.
Wind blasts from larger vehicles.
All of the above.
13. When seated properly on your motorcycle, your arms should be
Positioned with your hands above your elbows.
Bent at a 90-degree angle.
Slightly bent at the elbows
Locked at the elbows.
14. Motorcycles require ____ stopping distance than/as a car.
It varies between motorcycles
15. What are the possible consequences of being convicted of riding under the influence of alcohol or drugs?
Fees, such as legal fees and cost of taking alcohol or drug education courses, public transportation costs, and loss of work time.
All of the listed answers.
Suspension of your license.
Community service hours.
16. Why is it important to cross railroad tracks at an angle of at least 45 degrees?
At a lesser angle, you may catch your tires.
A larger angle would be unsafe.
It gives you the best view of oncoming trains
It allows you to cross tracks quickly.
17. Increase your safety at night by
Using the lights of the car ahead of you to help you see.
Increasing your following distance.
Riding with your high beam
Doing all of these things.
18. When riding behind another vehicle, you should leave a minimum ____ second following distance.
19. Motorcyclists must wear protective eyewear
Only if they choose to do so.
If riding a motorcycle without a windshield.
Only while riding on highways and freeways
At all times.
20. ____ can increase your visibility.
Changing your lane position according to traffic situations.
Riding in the left lane position.
Riding with a passenger.
Pulling in the clutch. Grade
Mississippi DMV Motorcycle Test