Pass the Mississippi Motorcycle Permit test the first time with FREE Mississippi DMV Practice Tests. Study real motorcycle permit questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. In addition to reflective clothing, the best colors for being seen are
Orange, red, yellow, and green.
Red, green, and yellow.
Orange, yellow, and white
White, red, and orange.
2. If you are riding over an obstacle on the road, the best way to absorb shock is to
Increase your speed to minimize bumps.
Avoid using the brakes.
Raise off the seat
Lean back as far as possible.
3. Having too much to drink can definitely hinder someone's ability to operate a motor vehicle. what are the best steps to stop an intoxicated friend from getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.?
All of the listed answers.
Arranging alternative transportation or a safe ride home for your friend.
Doing anything you can to keep them in the location and away from their motor vehicle
Slow their drinking down. occupy their mind with something else to keep them from drinking quickly.
Use peer pressure to make sure that the friend knows it isn't okay to drive.
4. While passing a row of parked cars, you see that there is a driver in one of the parked vehicles. what should you do?
Beep your horn to ensure the driver knows you're there.
Stop until the driver has exited the vehicle.
Speed up to pass the vehicle quickly
Ride in the right of the lane position so you will be close to the vehicle.
5. Before you mount your motorcycle for a trip, you should check the
All of these.
6. What is the correct way to ride while in a group of motorcycles around a turn?
In a single file formation.
In a staggered formation.
Side by side in the same lane
One rider at a time around the corner.
7. What is a hazard that you must watch for when being passed by another vehicle?
Objects being thrown from windows.
Extended side mirrors.
Wind blasts from larger vehicles.
All of the above.
8. Which of the following increases safety when riding at night?
Increase your following distance.
Reduce your speed.
All these answers are correct
Use the lights of the car ahead to help you see.
9. The best way to cross unavoidable obstacles on the road is to
Put your feet down for support.
Cross them at a 90-degree angle.
Walk your motorcycle across them
Cross them at a 45-degree angle.
10. It is safest to approach obstacles at a ____ angle.
11. What is the hand signal for stopping?
Arm extended straight down, palm facing back.
Arm extended straight out, palm facing up, swing upward.
Arm extended upward 45 degrees, palm forward pointing with index finger, swing in arc from back to front
Forearm extended, fist clenched with short up and down motion.
12. Which of the following surfaces provides poor traction for motorcycles?
All of the above.
13. The best lane position for being seen
Is the center of the lane position.
Is the right of the lane position.
Is the left of the lane position
Changes depending on the situation.
14. Which of the following helps avoid fatigue while riding?
Taking frequent rest breaks.
Limiting your daily driving distance.
Protecting yourself from the elements.
All of the above.
15. The most effective braking method is to
Use the rear brake only.
Alternate between the rear brake and front brake.
Use the front and rear brake at the same time
Use the front brake only.
16. If your motorcycle starts to wobble, you should
Apply the rear brake only.
Apply the front brake only.
Close the throttle slowly
Open the throttle slowly.
17. Shifting to a lower gear is known as
None of the above.
18. To help balance yourself in turns, you should
Lean in the opposite direction of the motorcycle.
Keep your knees against the gas tank.
Turn your torso in the direction of the turn
Take your feet off the footrests for balance.
19. When riding with a passenger, what should you expect?
Your motorcycle will take longer to stop.
You will be unable to carry cargo.
You will get better gas mileage
You will be unable to pass other vehicles.
20. The front brake
Provides 30% of the stopping power.
Is controlled by a foot pedal.
Should only be used in emergency situations
Provides 70% of the stopping power. Grade
Mississippi DMV Motorcycle Test