Kansas DMV Driving Test

Pass the Kansas Permit Test the first time with our FREE Kansas Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. What does this double arrow sign mean?
2. Which of these is a safe driving practice?
3. If you have car trouble what should you do?
4. To make a right turn onto a two-way street from a two-way street, start in the right-hand lane and end in:
5. When changing lanes, you should never:
6. Pedestrians crossing at corners have the right-of-way:
7. You must signal continuously during the last 100 feet before you turn at an intersection:
8. When should you not insist on taking your legal right-of-way?
9. When you are in a dedicated turn lane controlled by a green arrow, which of the following is true?
10. If you approach an intersection at which the traffic lights are not working, you must first ____ before entering the intersection and then yield the right-of-way.
11. When you see an elderly person crossing an intersection, you should
12. A green arrow showing at the same time as the red traffic light means:
13. How many seconds is a safe following distance?
14. When driving in a roundabout and if approached by an emergency vehicle using a siren, air horn or a red or blue flashing light
15. If another driver is passing your vehicle, you must
16. A broken white line on the road represents
17. If you see a yield sign in your driving lane, you must
18. If you miss your exit on a freeway, you should not:
19. The road edge on the right side is marked by a ____ line.
20. The golden rule of driving is to:

Kansas DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Kansas, you must have a Class M license or a motorcycle endorsement on your license. Licenses are issued by the Department of Revenue (DOR). At age 14, you can apply for a motorcycle instruction permit. At age 16, you can apply for a less-restricted Class M license, and at age 17, you can apply for a Class M license or a motorcycle endorsement. A permit, license, or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.

To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, you must submit your application and documentation, pass the vision screening and motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To receive a less-restricted motorcycle license, you must have held an instruction permit at least 12 months, submit an application and documentation, complete the required driving hours, and pay the fees. Additionally, you must either complete a motorcycle driver's education course or pass the written and motorcycle rider skills tests. To receive a Class M license or endorsement on your driver's license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, motorcycle knowledge test, and the motorcycle rider skills test.

Tests are scheduled through the DOR. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions covering road rules and safe riding practices. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.