Pass the Kansas Motorcycle Permit test the first time with FREE Kansas DMV Practice Tests. Study real motorcycle permit questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. When an engine locks up or 'freezes' it is called and 'engine seizure' and it can cause a motorcycle operator to lose control of the vehicle. what procedure should a motorcycle operator do when an engine is showing symptoms of seizing up?
2. When carrying cargo in saddlebags, you should
3. Why should you try not to drive next to cars or trucks beside you in the next lane.
4. The center of the lane position is best for
5. Because riding a motorcycle is more tiring than driving a car, you should
6. When traveling in a group, you should never ride
7. Which of the following significantly increase your chances of falling or being involved in a crash?
8. You can maintain an adequate space cushion by
9. If you experience a weaving feeling while riding over metal grating, what should you do?
10. Why can pulling off to the side of the road be more hazardous to motorcycles than cars?
11. If your throttle is stuck and twisting it does not release it, you should
12. If your throttle is stuck what should you make certain of after fixing it and before you start riding again.
13. It's acceptable to share a lane when ____.
14. Most crashes happen during ____.
15. When you feel like a driver might try to share your lane, what should you do?
16. The majority of your motorcycle brake power is provided by
17. What is the best formation when riding with a group of motorcyclist?
18. When carrying a passenger, your motorcycle will
19. If you make eye contact with a driver at an intersection
20. A responsible driver should scan their path of travel approximately how far ahead?
To operate a motorcycle in Kansas, you must have a Class M license or a motorcycle endorsement on your license. Licenses are issued by the Department of Revenue (DOR). At age 14, you can apply for a motorcycle instruction permit. At age 16, you can apply for a less-restricted Class M license, and at age 17, you can apply for a Class M license or a motorcycle endorsement. A permit, license, or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, you must submit your application and documentation, pass the vision screening and motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To receive a less-restricted motorcycle license, you must have held an instruction permit at least 12 months, submit an application and documentation, complete the required driving hours, and pay the fees. Additionally, you must either complete a motorcycle driver's education course or pass the written and motorcycle rider skills tests. To receive a Class M license or endorsement on your driver's license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, motorcycle knowledge test, and the motorcycle rider skills test.
Tests are scheduled through the DOR. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions covering road rules and safe riding practices. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.