Kansas DMV Motorcycle Test

Pass the Kansas Motorcycle Permit test the first time with FREE Kansas DMV Practice Tests. Study real motorcycle permit questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. Which lane position should you ride in to increase your line of sight?
2. As you approach the center of a turn, you should
3. The best way to be seen by other drivers is to
4. Which of the following does not increase your safety when riding at night?
5. At a controlled intersection, how can you know that another driver has seen you?
6. Which brake is most powerful?
7. See stands for what?
8. A responsible driver should scan their path of travel approximately how far ahead?
9. If your throttle is stuck what should you make certain of after fixing it and before you start riding again.
10. Studies have shown that most crashes involved riders who
11. ____ can cause your motorcycle to wobble.
12. You can maintain an adequate space cushion by
13. What is one important tip you can use to keep your group together?
14. In which of the following situations should you not increase your following distance?
15. When riding a motorcycle, you can share your lane when
16. One of the main causes of single-vehicle crashes is from ____.
17. When group riding what is one important instruction you should abide by?
18. You should use your horn to ____.
19. You should use ____ brake(s) on slippery surfaces.
20. At minimum, a street-legal motorcycle should have which of the following equipment?

Kansas DMV Motorcycle Test

My score:

About Motorcycle Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Kansas, you must have a Class M license or a motorcycle endorsement on your license. Licenses are issued by the Department of Revenue (DOR). At age 14, you can apply for a motorcycle instruction permit. At age 16, you can apply for a less-restricted Class M license, and at age 17, you can apply for a Class M license or a motorcycle endorsement. A permit, license, or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.

To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, you must submit your application and documentation, pass the vision screening and motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To receive a less-restricted motorcycle license, you must have held an instruction permit at least 12 months, submit an application and documentation, complete the required driving hours, and pay the fees. Additionally, you must either complete a motorcycle driver's education course or pass the written and motorcycle rider skills tests. To receive a Class M license or endorsement on your driver's license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, motorcycle knowledge test, and the motorcycle rider skills test.

Tests are scheduled through the DOR. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions covering road rules and safe riding practices. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.