Illinois DMV Driving Test

Pass the Illinois Permit Test the first time with our FREE Illinois Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. What should a driver do when approaching a traffic control signal that is not in operation?
2. What is the parent-teen driving guide for?
3. Which of the following statements about passing a vehicle is not true?
4. When a motorist is turning right and a bicyclist is approaching on the right, let the bicyclist go through the intersection first before making a right turn.
5. What does a driver need to do before approaching a curve?
6. Which of the following is not a special driving permit?
7. Drivers are not required to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk.
8. Assuming that the street is level, what should you do after you have finished parallel parking in a space between two other cars
9. If a car ahead of you has stopped at a crosswalk, you should:
10. Pedestrians using guide dogs or white canes must:
11. It is permissible for anyone to wear a headset while driving.
12. If you are stopped at an intersection and the traffic light just turned green, can you go immediately?
13. Which of the following does alcohol affect
14. Rain, snow, and ice impair your ability to see ahead, so you must ____ to stop your vehicle safely.
15. Drivers may pass on a two-lane roadway marked with a single solid yellow line on their side of the center line.
16. If you are driving and you find that nothing seems to help you stay awake, you should:
17. A vehicle may be impounded for interrupting a funeral procession due to what?
18. On a multilane road, if you see ____ on the side of your lane, you are permitted to pass when it is safe to do so.
19. How many hours of practice driving must drivers aged 16 and 17 complete to receive a license?
20. While driving in fog, you should

Illinois DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Illinois, you must have a valid Class M or Class L license. You can receive a license from a Secretary of State (SOS) facility. A Class L license permits you to drive motorcycles, motorbikes, mopeds, and scooters that are 150cc or less. A Class M license allows to you operate any type of motorcycle. Minors can apply for a 24-month motorcycle instruction permit to operate motorbikes that are 150cc or less. If you are 18 or older, you may apply for a 12-month instruction permit for any type of motorcycle.

To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the motorcycle knowledge test, and pay the fees. Minors must also successfully complete a driver's education course. To receive a Class L or M license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the motorcycle skills test, and pay the fees. Additionally, anyone under the age of 18 must complete an approved motorcycle training course. Applicants who are over the age of 18 may complete the state's Motorcycle Rider Education Course in lieu of the written and driving exams.

The written exam can be taken at your local SOS office. The test contains 25 questions about how to safely operate a motorcycle. You must answer 20 questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills test assesses your on-cycle abilities. If you fail either test, you must wait seven days to retest.