Pass the Illinois Permit Test the first time with our FREE Illinois Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. On a sharp curve, you should use your brakes to slow your vehicle:
2. What are the colors of a sign which tells you the distance to the next exit of a highway?
3. You are going to make a left turn from a dedicated left-turn lane when a yellow arrow appears for your lane. you should:
4. Look to the left and right before entering any intersection on a green light because:
5. It is advisable to do all of the following when a vehicle is approaching you head-on, except ____.
6. Regardless of fault, a crash report must be filed by the driver of a vehicle if the crash involves death, bodily injury or property damage of more than $1, 500 (or more than $500 if a vehicle is uninsured).
7. How many feet before turning should you give a continuous turn signal when driving in a business or residential area?
8. What should you do if a tire blows out while you are driving?
9. You may pass if the line dividing two lanes is a ____ line.
10. To turn left from a one-way street onto a one-way street, use:
11. It is legal for anyone to talk on the phone if using a hands-free device while driving, unless you are under age 19.
12. What do guide signs inform drivers of?
13. Headlights must be lighted from sunset to sunrise.
14. You may pass another vehicle on the right if it is waiting to
15. Drivers under the age of ____ must have their parent's consent to have an operator's license.
16. ____ must yield the right of way to drivers by obeying traffic signals, observing walking lights and using crosswalks.
17. How long of a driver's education course must first time drivers aged 18-20 complete?
18. A second conviction of driving under the influence within 20 years results in what?
19. What sound can be a warning of a blow out?
20. Do not make a u-turn on a curve or near the top of a hill if you cannot be seen by
To operate a motorcycle in Illinois, you must have a valid Class M or Class L license. You can receive a license from a Secretary of State (SOS) facility. A Class L license permits you to drive motorcycles, motorbikes, mopeds, and scooters that are 150cc or less. A Class M license allows to you operate any type of motorcycle. Minors can apply for a 24-month motorcycle instruction permit to operate motorbikes that are 150cc or less. If you are 18 or older, you may apply for a 12-month instruction permit for any type of motorcycle.
To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the motorcycle knowledge test, and pay the fees. Minors must also successfully complete a driver's education course. To receive a Class L or M license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the motorcycle skills test, and pay the fees. Additionally, anyone under the age of 18 must complete an approved motorcycle training course. Applicants who are over the age of 18 may complete the state's Motorcycle Rider Education Course in lieu of the written and driving exams.
The written exam can be taken at your local SOS office. The test contains 25 questions about how to safely operate a motorcycle. You must answer 20 questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills test assesses your on-cycle abilities. If you fail either test, you must wait seven days to retest.