Pass the Iowa Permit Test the first time with our FREE Iowa Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. At railroad crossings that have the standard, octagonal, red-and-white stop sign, drivers must stop and proceed only when
2. When driving in fog, you should use your ____.
3. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
4. Which of the following is not acceptable proof of your social security number?
5. Which of the following is not a proper step for parallel parking on the right side of the road?
6. What might happen when a child was left inside an enclosed car on a hot day?
7. You come to an intersection which is blocked by other traffic. you should
8. When turning corners, drivers must turn the steering wheel using
9. If you do not have liability insurance, what is something you can do to avoid suspension of your license following an accident?
10. When driving on a one-way street with 3 or more lanes of traffic, you must use
11. If your engine dies as you pull around a corner, the best thing you should do is
12. Before changing lanes, drivers should
13. Which of these statements is true about large trucks:
14. When driving near light rail vehicles, always
15. Hydroplaning is usually caused by:
16. When stopped at railroad tracks with no crossing gates, you may cross:
17. To see vehicles in your 'blind spots
18. You may legally park in front of a driveway:
19. What should you do if an oncoming car at night approaches with its high-beams on?
20. You must yield the right-of-way to an emergency vehicle by:
To operate a motorcycle in Iowa, you must have a Class M license or a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD). At age 14, you can apply for a motorcycle instruction permit or moped-only license. At age 16, you can apply for a motorcycle endorsement or Class M license. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, or moped-only license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the vision screening and motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. The moped-only license also requires that you pass the operator knowledge test, if you do not already have an instruction permit or license, and complete a moped education course. A driving test may also be required. To receive a Class M license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, motorcycle knowledge test, operator knowledge test, and the motorcycle skills test. To receive a motorcycle endorsement on your current license, you must pass the vision screening, motorcycle knowledge test, and motorcycle skills test.
Tests are scheduled through the MVD. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions covering road rules and safe riding practices. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one business day to retake it.