Delaware DMV Driving Test

Pass the Delaware Permit Test the first time with our FREE Delaware Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. All the following negative effects on driving skill are effects of alcohol consumption, except:
2. When a pedestrian is crossing a street guided by a dog or carrying a white cane
3. On a sharp curve, you should use your brakes to slow your vehicle:
4. If you want to cross several lanes in a multilane highway
5. To pass on a two-lane road, you should:
6. What is the second step in obtaining a delaware vehicle/title registration?
7. To avoid a head-on collision when you see an oncoming vehicle in your lane, you must
8. Use antifreeze washer fluid because:
9. You must signal continuously during the last 100 feet before you turn at an intersection:
10. What is the best advice for driving when heavy fog, dust or precipitation occurs?
11. The road edge on the right side is marked by a ____ line.
12. If you operate a vehicle, within how many days are you required to obtain a delaware driver license after becoming a permanent delaware resident?
13. What should you always check before you start to drive?
14. This diamond-shaped orange sign is placed in
15. Should your wheels drop off the roadway or pavement edge, you should:
16. To turn left from a one-way street onto a one-way street, use:
17. Highway and expressway guide signs are:
18. When being passed by another vehicle:
19. What should you do if you cannot see over a hill or around a curve?
20. Traffic fatalities are ____ at night compared to daytime.

Delaware DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Delaware, you must have a motorcycle (M) endorsement on your driver license. The state does not issue separate licenses for motorcycles. Licensing services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). An M endorsement permits you to operate motorcycles, motorbikes, mopeds, and scooters on public roads. You may also apply for a temporary motorcycle permit before earning your endorsement. Permits are valid for six months, and they can be extended once for an additional six months. If you are a minor, you must follow the graduated driver license (GDL) program for licensing.

To receive an M endorsement if you are under 18, you must have a valid Class D driver's license, complete a driver's education course, bring the proper documentation, including your application and parental consent, pass the vision screening, pay the fees, and complete a state-approved motorcycle rider course. The course includes a written exam. For applicants who are over 18, you must bring your documentation, a completed application, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening. Additionally, you have the option of completing a motorcycle rider education program or taking the written and road skills tests. Tests are scheduled through the DMV.

The written exam contains 25 questions about basic motorcycle skills and driving techniques found in the Delaware Motorcycle Operator Manual. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle road skills test covers four primary exercises, including starting, turning, accelerating, and braking. You must pass both tests to receive your M endorsement.