Delaware DMV Motorcycle Test

Pass the Delaware Motorcycle Permit test the first time with FREE Delaware DMV Practice Tests. Study real motorcycle permit questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. To give yourself enough time to react to hazards, you should scan the road ____ ahead.
2. When loading saddlebags, it is important to
3. Help balance your motorcycle while turning by
4. When being passed by another vehicle, you should position yourself in ____ lane position.
5. If you suspect the road ahead is slippery, what should you do?
6. To maintain a safe riding distance on the road, you should look forward ____ ahead of your travel path.
7. You should downshift through the gears when you
8. What type of clothing is best for daytime riding?
9. Cargo on your motorcycle should be secured
10. When carrying a load, you should
11. A motorcycle is less visible than a car because it
12. To help stabilize the motorcycle in a turn, you should
13. When riding with a group, beginner riders should ride
14. In which of these situations would you use the engine cut-off switch?
15. If your motorcycle starts to wobble, you should
16. If you brake hard on a straightaway and your rear brake locks
17. What is a hazard that you must watch for when being passed by another vehicle?
18. When you check your tires, what are you checking for?
19. When approaching an intersection, the best way to reduce your reaction time is to
20. If you are about to slow down where others may not expect it, you should

Delaware DMV Motorcycle Test

My score:

About Motorcycle Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Delaware, you must have a motorcycle (M) endorsement on your driver license. The state does not issue separate licenses for motorcycles. Licensing services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). An M endorsement permits you to operate motorcycles, motorbikes, mopeds, and scooters on public roads. You may also apply for a temporary motorcycle permit before earning your endorsement. Permits are valid for six months, and they can be extended once for an additional six months. If you are a minor, you must follow the graduated driver license (GDL) program for licensing.

To receive an M endorsement if you are under 18, you must have a valid Class D driver's license, complete a driver's education course, bring the proper documentation, including your application and parental consent, pass the vision screening, pay the fees, and complete a state-approved motorcycle rider course. The course includes a written exam. For applicants who are over 18, you must bring your documentation, a completed application, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening. Additionally, you have the option of completing a motorcycle rider education program or taking the written and road skills tests. Tests are scheduled through the DMV.

The written exam contains 25 questions about basic motorcycle skills and driving techniques found in the Delaware Motorcycle Operator Manual. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle road skills test covers four primary exercises, including starting, turning, accelerating, and braking. You must pass both tests to receive your M endorsement.