Colorado DMV Driving Test

Pass the Colorado Permit Test the first time with our FREE Colorado Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. The 'implied consent law' says you have agreed to take a test for the alcohol content of your blood:
2. Regarding the drive test, what are the hours of operation of the offices?
3. When parked on any hill, you should always set your parking brake and:
4. What should you do if a tire blows out while you are driving?
5. On a multilane roadway with several lanes in one direction, you must use ____ for passing.
6. A chemical test is used to measure
7. Which of these statements is true about slippery road surfaces?
8. Which of the following is true about driving on a wet roadway?
9. You may pass another vehicle on the right if it is waiting to
10. When you are traveling on a two-lane road and a vehicle ahead of you stops for a pedestrian, you must
11. Drinking coffee after drinking alcohol
12. When driving near light rail vehicles, always
13. Before getting out of your car, after parking at a two-way street curb, you should:
14. Which of the follow items is not required when renewing a colorado driver's license or instruction permit?
15. A steady green light at an intersection means that you:
16. Driving considerably slower than other vehicles ____.
17. A solid white line on the right edge of the highway slants in towards your left. that shows that
18. A fully loaded truck with adequate tires, and well-maintained brakes moving at 55 mph in normal conditions requires how much space to stop completely?
19. The stopping distance of your vehicle depends on which of the following factors?
20. If you find yourself in a skid

Colorado DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Colorado, you must have an M endorsement on your driver's license. The state does not issue separate licenses specifically for motorcycles. Licensing services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). An M endorsement on your license allows you to operate motorcycles, motorbikes, mopeds, and scooters on public roads. Additionally, a separate endorsement, “3,” is valid for three-wheeled motorcycles only. If you are a minor, you will need to hold a motorcycle instruction permit for 12 months and be at least 16 years old before you can receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license.

You can receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license by completing the motorcycle instruction permit requirements or by completing a Motorcycle Operator Safety Training (MOST) course. If you choose to apply for a motorcycle instruction permit, you must pay the fees and pass both the written exam and the motorcycle drive skills test to receive a license with the motorcycle endorsement. If you complete a MOST course, you can take your MOST certificate to the DMV to receive a new license with an M endorsement.

If you choose to take the tests, they are scheduled through your local driver's license office. The written exam contains 25 questions on safe driving practices while operating a motorcycle. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle drive skills test evaluates your ability to respond to different situations, control the motorcycle, and make good judgments while driving. If you fail, you must retake the exam and pass to receive your motorcycle endorsement.