Pass the Colorado Permit Test the first time with our FREE Colorado Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. You should not enter an intersection with limited space, knowing you will block the intersection:
2. On some roadways, lanes reserved as transit are used for
3. A driver who is under the age of 21 and has been convicted for the first time for dui (driving under the influence) or dwai (driving while ability impaired) must ____ or face mandatory revocation of their driving privilege:
4. On an expressway, you can avoid highway hypnosis by
5. When entering and exiting a roundabout, you must always
6. What should you not do when you experience a jammed gas pedal?
7. Drivers must keep their windshield wipers in good working condition because
8. If your car has air bags, you should use your seatbelt:
9. What is the first thing you should adjust if needed when you get in a car to drive
10. It is best not to drive in the fog, but if you must do so, you should use:
11. What effect does drinking alcohol and taking a prescription drug or over the counter medicine have
12. In which of these locations is it prohibited to stop or park a vehicle?
13. When approaching a railroad crossing you should:
14. On a multilane roadway with several lanes in one direction, you must use ____ for passing.
15. When you want to make a right turn, your car must be
16. When entering an interstate highway from an acceleration lane, you must
To operate a motorcycle in Colorado, you must have an M endorsement on your driver's license. The state does not issue separate licenses specifically for motorcycles. Licensing services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). An M endorsement on your license allows you to operate motorcycles, motorbikes, mopeds, and scooters on public roads. Additionally, a separate endorsement, “3,” is valid for three-wheeled motorcycles only. If you are a minor, you will need to hold a motorcycle instruction permit for 12 months and be at least 16 years old before you can receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license.
You can receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license by completing the motorcycle instruction permit requirements or by completing a Motorcycle Operator Safety Training (MOST) course. If you choose to apply for a motorcycle instruction permit, you must pay the fees and pass both the written exam and the motorcycle drive skills test to receive a license with the motorcycle endorsement. If you complete a MOST course, you can take your MOST certificate to the DMV to receive a new license with an M endorsement.
If you choose to take the tests, they are scheduled through your local driver's license office. The written exam contains 25 questions on safe driving practices while operating a motorcycle. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle drive skills test evaluates your ability to respond to different situations, control the motorcycle, and make good judgments while driving. If you fail, you must retake the exam and pass to receive your motorcycle endorsement.