Pass the Colorado Permit Test the first time with our FREE Colorado Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. When sharing the road with a trolley or light rail vehicle:
2. Disabled persons who display their placards can park at a ____ curb.
3. As you drive, you're required to stop your vehicle:
4. If a tire suddenly goes flat while you are driving, you must
5. When you see an elderly person crossing an intersection, you should
6. If your car begins to skid while driving on snow or ice, what should you do?
7. Solid yellow lines separate:
8. Which lane do you use when leaving the freeway?
9. What are the colors of the warning signs that indicate hazards ahead, such as curves in the road or narrow bridges?
10. When you want to pass a large truck in the center of 3 lanes, it is best to pass:
11. What is one of the 3 options you can do to avoid a collision according to the manual?
12. During a brake failure when pumping the brakes does not allow you to stop, what should you do?
13. Driving while under the influence of drugs carries the same penalty as which other driving violation?
14. If an emergency vehicle is moving in your lane while displaying flashing red lights or using a siren, you must
15. When parking you vehicle down hill on a two way street:
16. When driving in the far right lane of a freeway, you:
17. Which of these is not safe driving practice?
18. You may pass if the line dividing two lanes is a ____ line.
19. A driver who is under the age of 21 and has been convicted for the first time for dui (driving under the influence) or dwai (driving while ability impaired) must ____ or face mandatory revocation of their driving privilege:
20. When turning a corner, you must turn the steering wheel using
To operate a motorcycle in Colorado, you must have an M endorsement on your driver's license. The state does not issue separate licenses specifically for motorcycles. Licensing services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). An M endorsement on your license allows you to operate motorcycles, motorbikes, mopeds, and scooters on public roads. Additionally, a separate endorsement, “3,” is valid for three-wheeled motorcycles only. If you are a minor, you will need to hold a motorcycle instruction permit for 12 months and be at least 16 years old before you can receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license.
You can receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license by completing the motorcycle instruction permit requirements or by completing a Motorcycle Operator Safety Training (MOST) course. If you choose to apply for a motorcycle instruction permit, you must pay the fees and pass both the written exam and the motorcycle drive skills test to receive a license with the motorcycle endorsement. If you complete a MOST course, you can take your MOST certificate to the DMV to receive a new license with an M endorsement.
If you choose to take the tests, they are scheduled through your local driver's license office. The written exam contains 25 questions on safe driving practices while operating a motorcycle. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle drive skills test evaluates your ability to respond to different situations, control the motorcycle, and make good judgments while driving. If you fail, you must retake the exam and pass to receive your motorcycle endorsement.