Colorado DMV Motorcycle Test

Pass the Colorado Motorcycle Permit test the first time with FREE Colorado DMV Practice Tests. Study real motorcycle permit questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. What does the left hand lever control?
2. In which of these scenarios is it least important to check your mirrors?
3. What is a benefit of riding in the center lane position?
4. Each lane of traffic has ____ position(s) in which a motorcycle may travel.
5. You should flash your brake light when you are about to stop and you are
6. When riding in a group, the staggered formation should be avoided when
7. While riding a motorcycle, when can you share your lane?
8. If an object suddenly appears in your way, you should ____ to avoid a crash.
9. Generally, ____ should be avoided.
10. The ____ brake is the most important because it ____.
11. Motorcycles are harder to see. how can you increase your visibility?
12. Because a motorcycle brake light is not as visible as the brake light on a car, you should
13. As a motorcycle rider, you can use your feet to maintain balance by
14. Motorcycles are permitted to operate ____ abreast in a single lane.
15. When riding through a turn, your lane position should
16. Which of the following surfaces can be dangerous for motorcycles to ride on?
17. While passing a row of parked cars, you see a driver inside one of the parked vehicles. what should you do?
18. To warn drivers you are slowing down in an unusual place, you can
19. If you lock the rear brake on a surface with good traction
20. If an unexpected obstacle requires you to turn left quickly, you should

Colorado DMV Motorcycle Test

My score:

About Motorcycle Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Colorado, you must have an M endorsement on your driver's license. The state does not issue separate licenses specifically for motorcycles. Licensing services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). An M endorsement on your license allows you to operate motorcycles, motorbikes, mopeds, and scooters on public roads. Additionally, a separate endorsement, “3,” is valid for three-wheeled motorcycles only. If you are a minor, you will need to hold a motorcycle instruction permit for 12 months and be at least 16 years old before you can receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license.

You can receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license by completing the motorcycle instruction permit requirements or by completing a Motorcycle Operator Safety Training (MOST) course. If you choose to apply for a motorcycle instruction permit, you must pay the fees and pass both the written exam and the motorcycle drive skills test to receive a license with the motorcycle endorsement. If you complete a MOST course, you can take your MOST certificate to the DMV to receive a new license with an M endorsement.

If you choose to take the tests, they are scheduled through your local driver's license office. The written exam contains 25 questions on safe driving practices while operating a motorcycle. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle drive skills test evaluates your ability to respond to different situations, control the motorcycle, and make good judgments while driving. If you fail, you must retake the exam and pass to receive your motorcycle endorsement.