Pass the California Permit Test the first time with our FREE California Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. You have been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol, and sentenced to 48 hours in jail. in addition, you may:
2. If a driver behind you repeatedly flashes his or her headlights, you should
3. To avoid last minute moves, you should be looking down the road to where your vehicle will be in about
4. Alcohol in any concentration is:
5. A child under 8 years old ____ when all the rear seats are already occupied by children under 7 years old.
6. Which is not a valid painted curb coloring?
7. If someone is following you too closely, you must
8. Your driving lane is next to a bicycle lane. you want to make a right turn at the incoming intersection. you:
9. How many feet should you allow between your vehicle and a bicyclist when passing on the left?
10. After passing a vehicle, it is safe to return to your driving lane when:
11. If a street has a center left turn lane, you must use it to prepare for or make a left turn or to prepare for or make a permitted u-turn. a person should not drive more than ____ in the center left turn lane.
12. A person must be how old to drive most commercial vehicles for hire in interstate commerce, or to transport hazardous materials or wastes?
13. You drive defensively when you:
14. A person may legally ride in the back of a pickup truck when:
15. To avoid getting rear-ended by another vehicle in an emergency, you should:
16. Which of the following people may a minor practice driving with?
17. Two sets of solid double yellow lines spaced two or more feet apart indicate
18. Which of the following is true of slippery roads?
19. If a person is crossing the street at a corner without crosswalks, you should:
To operate a motorcycle in California, you must have a Class M license. Licenses are issued through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The state offers a motorcycle instruction permit and two license levels. An M1 license includes any type of motorcycle, and an M2 license is specifically for motorbikes, mopeds, or scooters. You must be at least 15 ½ to apply for a Class M1 or M2 permit. At age 16, you can apply for an M1 or M2 license if you have held a permit for at least 6 months.
To receive a Class M1 or M2 permit or license, you must submit your documentation, pass the vision screening, pass the driver and motorcycle knowledge tests, complete a Form DL44 application, and pay the fees. Anyone under the age of 21 must also complete the California Highway Patrol California Motorcyclist Safety Program (CHP CMSP) and submit the certification. Applicants who are over 21 are encouraged to take the CHP CMSP course as well, and the motorcycle skills test is waived for those who complete the course.
Tests are scheduled through your local DMV. The written exam contains 25 questions about signaling, crossing, changing lanes and other safe driving practices. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills test examines how well you handle and operate your motorcycle. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.