Pass the Virginia Permit Test the first time with our FREE Virginia Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. What is the maximum speed limit for passenger vehicles on rural rustic roads?
2. Orange construction signs warn you:
3. Vertical driver's licenses are issued to persons
4. Before you leave a parking space which is parallel to the curb you should
5. What is not a requirement to obtain a motorcycle driver's license?
6. You are required to wear your seat belt in a moving vehicle:
7. If you rear-ended a car, you were probably:
8. If there is a railroad crossing ahead and a mechanical signal warns you of an approaching train, you must:
9. When driving at night using high beams, dim your lights when you get within ____ feet of a vehicle traveling in your direction.
10. Which of the following substances can affect the ability to drive?
11. Which of the following methods is used to turn around on a narrow, two-way street?
12. If you refuse a breath test or your BAC is .08 or higher while you are driving and law enforcement charges you with driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, your driving privilege will be automatically suspended for ____ or until you go to trial, whichever comes first, for a second offense.
13. If an oncoming vehicle has started to turn left in front of you:
14. When can you drive using only your parking lights?
15. Which of these statements is true about large trucks?
16. A red light with a green arrow means
17. At an intersection of two-way streets, after coming to a full stop at a red traffic light, a driver may:
18. Seatbelts are not effective:
19. What is the maximum cost in restitution you must pay for emergency services if you are convicted of dui?
20. You are going to make a left turn from a dedicated left-turn lane when a yellow arrow appears for your lane. you should:
To operate a motorcycle in Virginia, you must have a motorcycle license or permit. Licenses are issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The three types of licenses are a Class M (all motorcycles), Class M2 (two-wheeled only), or Class M3 (three-wheeled only). Before applying for a license, you must hold a motorcycle learner's permit for a set amount of time, which varies based on age. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner's permit, you will need to hold a valid driver's license or permit. If you do not, you must pass a two-part driver's license knowledge exam. You must apply, submit the required documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To apply for a Class M, M2, or M3 license, applicants who are 18 and older must wait at least 30 days after receiving a permit. Applicants who are under 18 must hold the permit for nine months. When you apply, you will need to submit the required documentation, pass the road skills test, and pay the fees. Testing may be waived if you successfully complete the Virginia Rider Training Program.
Tests are scheduled through the DMV. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about road rules and safe riding practices. You must answer 21 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait two days to retake it.