Pass the Virginia Permit Test the first time with our FREE Virginia Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. If you are overtaking, you must pass on the left at a safe distance, and do not ____ until the way is clear from the overtaken vehicle.
2. A solid white line on the right edge of the highway slants in towards your left. that shows that
3. It is against the law to operate a moped faster than ____ on an interstate highway.
4. What effect does drinking alcohol and taking a prescription drug or over the counter medicine have
5. On a divided highway, ____indicates the left edge of traffic lanes going in the same direction as you.
6. The size of a motorcycle can cause you to misjudge the motorcycle's speed and distance. before pulling out into traffic
7. If you drive in virginia without liability insurance coverage on your vehicle you face
8. Where should you start your u-turn on a street with two lanes in each direction?
9. If an oncoming vehicle has started to turn left in front of you:
10. If you refuse a breath test in virginia and a law enforcement officer charges you with driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and it is your first offense, your driving privileges will be automatically suspended for:
11. You should increase the distance between your car and the vehicle ahead when you:
12. If you see a pedestrian using a guide dog or other service animal or carrying a white cane at an intersection, you must
13. If traffic prevents you from crossing all the way across a set of railroad tracks, you may proceed only when
14. Large trucks turning right onto a street with two lanes in each direction:
15. If you approach a vehicle displaying a reflective orange triangle sign on the rear, you must
16. When looking ahead of your vehicle while driving, you should look:
17. Drivers entering a main road from a driveway, alley, or roadside should
18. A broken yellow line alongside a solid yellow line means
19. When is it legal to use the shoulder of a road for passing another vehicle?
To operate a motorcycle in Virginia, you must have a motorcycle license or permit. Licenses are issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The three types of licenses are a Class M (all motorcycles), Class M2 (two-wheeled only), or Class M3 (three-wheeled only). Before applying for a license, you must hold a motorcycle learner's permit for a set amount of time, which varies based on age. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner's permit, you will need to hold a valid driver's license or permit. If you do not, you must pass a two-part driver's license knowledge exam. You must apply, submit the required documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To apply for a Class M, M2, or M3 license, applicants who are 18 and older must wait at least 30 days after receiving a permit. Applicants who are under 18 must hold the permit for nine months. When you apply, you will need to submit the required documentation, pass the road skills test, and pay the fees. Testing may be waived if you successfully complete the Virginia Rider Training Program.
Tests are scheduled through the DMV. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about road rules and safe riding practices. You must answer 21 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait two days to retake it.