Pass the Virginia Permit Test the first time with our FREE Virginia Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. Drivers are responsible for making sure that children are properly secured in vehicles
2. What should you do if your engine stalls while you are driving?
3. Locked wheel skids are usually caused by
4. You are at a red traffic signal. the traffic light turns green, but there are still other vehicles in the intersection. you should:
5. Where should you start your u-turn on a street with two lanes in each direction?
6. Drivers on an express highway should avoid 'highway hypnosis' by
7. If you refuse a breath test or your BAC is .08 or higher while you are driving and law enforcement charges you with driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, your driving privilege will be automatically suspended for ____ or until you go to trial, whichever comes first, for a second offense.
8. Which of the following is true regarding a license suspension for child support related requirements?
9. You must yield the right-of-way to an approaching vehicle when you are
10. If traffic prevents you from crossing all the way across a set of railroad tracks, you may proceed only when
11. What is the fee you must pay if you do not have liability insurance?
12. It is best not to drive in the fog, but if you must do so, you should use:
13. If there are double solid yellow lines in the center of the roadway, you:
14. Your license will be revoked or suspended if you
15. When changing a lane, all of the following are correct maneuvers, except
16. Dmv can deny or suspend driving privileges for persons under 18 if the juvenile is found
17. When you see a solid center line on your side of the road, you must
18. If five or more vehicles are following you on a narrow two-lane road, you should:
19. What is the only effective way to reduce your blood alcohol content (bac)
20. A solid white line between lanes of traffic means
To operate a motorcycle in Virginia, you must have a motorcycle license or permit. Licenses are issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The three types of licenses are a Class M (all motorcycles), Class M2 (two-wheeled only), or Class M3 (three-wheeled only). Before applying for a license, you must hold a motorcycle learner's permit for a set amount of time, which varies based on age. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner's permit, you will need to hold a valid driver's license or permit. If you do not, you must pass a two-part driver's license knowledge exam. You must apply, submit the required documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To apply for a Class M, M2, or M3 license, applicants who are 18 and older must wait at least 30 days after receiving a permit. Applicants who are under 18 must hold the permit for nine months. When you apply, you will need to submit the required documentation, pass the road skills test, and pay the fees. Testing may be waived if you successfully complete the Virginia Rider Training Program.
Tests are scheduled through the DMV. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about road rules and safe riding practices. You must answer 21 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait two days to retake it.