Pass the Texas Permit Test the first time with our FREE Texas Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. You may pass if the line dividing two lanes is a ____ line.
2. You are not permitted to pass a school bus until when?
3. You are driving in the middle lane on a 3 lane expressway. a car begins to pass you on the right. the actions of that driver are
4. ____ occurs on wet roads when your tires start to ride on water instead of the road.
5. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
6. An intersection has a stop sign, crosswalk, but no stop line. you must stop
7. If you drive at the minimum posted speed, which of the following lane should you drive in?
8. What does a solid yellow line on your side of the road indicate in texas?
9. An emissions test must be performed on any vehicle from 2 to ____ years old to be registered or operated in a designated county.
10. When driving near road construction zones, you should
11. Drinking coffee after drinking alcohol
12. When meeting a car with blinding headlights, you should:
13. Before turning left, the right-of-way should be given to oncoming cars:
14. The octagonal shape in the figure is
15. When can you drive using only your parking lights?
16. The front trailer supports are up, and the trailer is resting on the tractor. make sure that
17. If there are still other vehicles in the intersection when your red light turns green, you should:
18. Which of the following statements about passing a vehicle is not true?
19. Where there are 4 or more lanes with traffic moving in opposite directions, what do two solid yellow lines mark?
20. Which of the following should you do if you experience a flat tire or a blowout?
To operate a motorcycle in Texas, you must have a Class M motorcycle license. Licenses are issued by the Department of Public Safety (DPS). You can apply for a Class M with an I restriction at age 15, a Class M with a J restriction at age 16, and a full Class M license at age 18. A motorcycle license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a Class M license, you must apply and meet the requirements for a regular driver's license. These may vary depending on your age. Additionally, you must successfully complete a motorcycle safety course, submit the required documentation, and pay the fees. Minors who are applying must also hold a class C provisional license, complete the required driver's education coursework, present a high school verification of enrollment and attendance form (VOE), pay the fees, and pass the vision, motorcycle knowledge, and skills exams. Testing may be waived for applicants over the age of 18 who have successfully completed the motorcycle safety course.
Tests are scheduled through the DPS. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.