Pass the South Dakota Permit Test the first time with our FREE South Dakota Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. It is night. a vehicle coming towards you has its high beams on which make it hard to see the road ahead, you should:
2. If you are already in an intersection to turn left and the traffic light has changed to yellow, you should
3. When parking your vehicle on any hill:
4. When you park on a hill, with the vehicle heading down the hill:
5. You must yield to a pedestrian using a white cane or guide dog
6. At a red traffic light with a green arrow, you may proceed in the direction of the arrow if:
7. To get a driver's license without restrictions, you must have vision better than 20 over ____ with both eyes.
8. If you experience a tire blowout
9. What is the only effective way to reduce your blood alcohol content (bac)
10. When passing a motorcyclist, drivers must
11. When you come to an intersection and try to make a move, you must follow the ____ before you pull out.
12. You must use high-beam lighting in all of the following situations, except
13. If you are in a crash, which of the following should you not do?
14. A steady red arrow means
15. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
16. If you rear-ended a car, you were probably:
17. Which of the following can cause you to lose your license.
18. If traffic prevents you from crossing all the way across a set of railroad tracks, you may proceed only when
19. Generally speaking, you are in a large truck's blind spot if you:
20. Which of the following is not an option when trying to avoid a vehicle collision?
To operate a motorcycle in South Dakota, you must have a motorcycle instruction permit or a motorcycle license. Licenses are issued by the Department of Public Safety (DPS). You can apply for a motorcycle instruction permit at age 14 and a motorcycle license at age 16. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To receive a motorcycle license, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, the knowledge exam, and the motorcycle driving test.
Tests are scheduled online or through the DPS. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle driving test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.