Pass the South Dakota Permit Test the first time with our FREE South Dakota Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. You have stopped for a train at a railroad crossing. after the train passes, you must:
2. Before stopping your vehicle on the roadway:
3. Alcohol in any concentration is:
4. The golden rule of driving is to:
5. An intersection has a stop sign, crosswalk, but no stop line. you must stop
6. At intersections with a 'yield' sign, you must:
7. You want to turn left at an intersection. the light is green but oncoming traffic is heavy. you should
8. Which of the following influence the effects of alcohol
9. When should a bus back up?
10. What are the colors of the warning signs that indicate hazards ahead, such as curves in the road or narrow bridges?
11. Before driving into an intersection after a stop, you should look:
12. At a completely unmarked intersection, when two cars arrive simultaneously, who has the right of way?
13. When you are facing a green light and there are pedestrians in the intersection:
14. If you are driving on a road with only one lane in each direction and you want to pass, but a curve ahead blocks your view, you must:
15. Blocking an intersection during rush hour traffic is:
16. If you see a pedestrian using a guide dog or other service animal or carrying a white cane at an intersection, you must
17. With an enforcement tolerance of 9%, which of the following is the allowable percentage of window tinting light transmission on the driver front and rear passenger glass surface areas of a motor vehicle on south dakota roadways?
18. You are entering a freeway. you should check traffic on the freeway by:
19. You are at a red traffic signal. the traffic light turns green, but there are still other vehicles in the intersection. you should:
20. Driving faster than traffic and continually passing other cars:
To operate a motorcycle in South Dakota, you must have a motorcycle instruction permit or a motorcycle license. Licenses are issued by the Department of Public Safety (DPS). You can apply for a motorcycle instruction permit at age 14 and a motorcycle license at age 16. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To receive a motorcycle license, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, the knowledge exam, and the motorcycle driving test.
Tests are scheduled online or through the DPS. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle driving test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.