Pass the New York Permit Test the first time with our FREE New York Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. If you want to park downhill and there is no curb, which way do you turn your front wheels?
2. When you are driving slowly in the freeway fast lane, blocking traffic which wishes to pass, you should:
3. Which of the following is true about being passed?
4. Use your headlights on rainy, snowy, or foggy days:
5. When you look ahead while driving, it is best to:
6. You must not pass a vehicle on the right when
7. How early can you renew your license before it's printed expiration date?
8. If your tire goes flat while driving, you must
9. If you would like to turn right at an intersection with this sign
10. When you find double solid lines in your lane, you are
11. New york law requires you to signal your turn at least:
12. Alcohol does all of the following except ____.
13. A no standing sign means you
14. To avoid fatigue you should
15. When a stopped school bus flashes its red lights, traffic that approaches from either direction, even in front of the school and in school parking lots, must stop at least __ feet away from the bus.
16. When driving, you should stay at least:
17. When driving through fog or rain, it is advisable to:
18. When it comes to impaired driving
19. Drinking alcohol and driving at night is especially dangerous because
20. If you are driving and you find that nothing seems to help you stay awake, you should:
To operate a motorcycle in New York, you must have a motorcycle (M) or motorcycle junior (MJ) license or permit. Licenses are issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You must first receive a motorcycle learner's permit. After successfully completing the requirements for the permit, you can apply for a motorcycle license. The MJ license is for drivers who are under 18. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a Class M or MJ learner's permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pass the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. After receiving your permit and practicing your motorcycle skills, you can apply for a Class M or MJ license. The state recommends you have at least 30 hours of practice on your motorcycle before you apply for a license. To receive a motorcycle license, you must submit an application and your documentation, pass the motorcycle rider skills test, and pay the fees. The DMV will waive the skills test for qualified applicants who complete an approved motorcycle safety course.
Tests are scheduled through the DMV. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.