Pass the New York Permit Test the first time with our FREE New York Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. If your license is suspended, this means ____.
2. As you approach the intersection, you see there aren't any cars around, you
3. What is a common factor in the traffic deaths of teenage drivers?
4. If the word 'forbidden' appears in the hazard class column of an entry in the hazardous materials table
5. What is the normal posted speed limit of an expressway?
6. You may not cross a single broken white (or yellow) line
7. Which of these is true about other drivers?
8. Who is responsible for safely transporting a hazardous material shipment without delay and keeping the shipping papers in the right place?
9. You must report any traffic incident or crash that involves at least ____ or more in damage to the property of any one person.
10. As you approach an intersection, you see there is a person entering the crosswalk. you must stop
11. Which of these is recommended for driving at night on a dimly lit street?
12. At an intersection, this means
13. If there is no speed limit posted you cannot drive more than how many miles per hour.
14. A 'no stopping' sign means that, unless directed to do so by a policeman, you may stop only
15. If you are a driver who has become a permanent resident of new york, you must surrender your out-of-state driver license and get a new york state license within:
16. When a stopped school bus flashes its red lights, traffic that approaches from either direction, even in front of the school and in school parking lots, must stop at least __ feet away from the bus.
17. When parallel parking, how far from the curb should your wheel be?
18. When you look ahead while driving, it is best to:
19. Which of these vehicles must stop before crossing railroad tracks?
20. If no speed limit is posted, you should drive no more than ____ mph.
To operate a motorcycle in New York, you must have a motorcycle (M) or motorcycle junior (MJ) license or permit. Licenses are issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You must first receive a motorcycle learner's permit. After successfully completing the requirements for the permit, you can apply for a motorcycle license. The MJ license is for drivers who are under 18. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a Class M or MJ learner's permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pass the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. After receiving your permit and practicing your motorcycle skills, you can apply for a Class M or MJ license. The state recommends you have at least 30 hours of practice on your motorcycle before you apply for a license. To receive a motorcycle license, you must submit an application and your documentation, pass the motorcycle rider skills test, and pay the fees. The DMV will waive the skills test for qualified applicants who complete an approved motorcycle safety course.
Tests are scheduled through the DMV. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.