Pass the New York Permit Test the first time with our FREE New York Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. When turning left from the left-most lane of a two-way road, onto a three-lane one-way street, your turn should finish in
2. Which of the following influence the effects of alcohol
3. It is illegal to enter an intersection when:
4. Failure to comply with speeding signs and directions given in work zones will usually result in
5. Which of the following is not a precaution to take when driving in snow and ice?
6. It is important to always look both ways at
7. You must stop when you see a:
8. What is the % of drivers that are under 21 involved in alcohol or drug related fatalities?
9. Which of the following can impair your ability to drive?
10. Which way do you turn your front wheels to park downhill next to a curb?
11. A slow moving vehicle sign is a triangle with what color?
12. What is new york law regarding cell phone use?
13. When a stopped school bus flashes its red lights, traffic that approaches from either direction, even in front of the school and in school parking lots, must stop at least __ feet away from the bus.
14. When visibility is less than 1000 feet, you must
15. Make sure to signal your exit at least ____ before you reach the exit ramp.
16. Which of the following driving skills is/are affected by the use of alcohol and/or drugs?
17. When changing lanes you should do the following: signal, check your mirrors, change lanes, turn signal off. what step is missing from this lane-changing procedure?
18. To avoid getting rear-ended by another vehicle in an emergency, you should:
19. At an intersection controlled by a stop sign, if you can't get a good view of cross-street traffic when you stop behind the white top bar painted on the pavement, you should:
20. Driving under the influence of any drug which makes you drive unsafely is:
To operate a motorcycle in New York, you must have a motorcycle (M) or motorcycle junior (MJ) license or permit. Licenses are issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You must first receive a motorcycle learner's permit. After successfully completing the requirements for the permit, you can apply for a motorcycle license. The MJ license is for drivers who are under 18. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a Class M or MJ learner's permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pass the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. After receiving your permit and practicing your motorcycle skills, you can apply for a Class M or MJ license. The state recommends you have at least 30 hours of practice on your motorcycle before you apply for a license. To receive a motorcycle license, you must submit an application and your documentation, pass the motorcycle rider skills test, and pay the fees. The DMV will waive the skills test for qualified applicants who complete an approved motorcycle safety course.
Tests are scheduled through the DMV. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions about safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.