Pass the Nevada Permit Test the first time with our FREE Nevada Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. If you rear-ended a car, you were probably:
Looking in your rearview mirror too often.
Weaving in and out of traffic.
Following too closely.
Driving too slow.
2. What are the colors of a sign which tells you the distance to the next exit of a highway?
Yellow with black letters.
Black with white letters.
Red with white letters
Green with white letters.
3. If you are making a left turn, you must begin
In the rightmost lane.
In the intersection.
In the center lane
In the leftmost lane.
4. A roundabout is a circular intersection in which vehicles travel around a center island in ____ direction.
5. Which of the following statements about school buses are false?
During the winter season, you do not have to stop for school buses that are loading students.
School bus drivers can report violations to the school district and the dmv.
You are required to stop for school buses that are loading or unloading students
You may not attempt to overtake or proceed past a school bus until the bus driver has turned off the flashing red lights.
6. When waiting to make a left turn, you should give the right-of-way to vehicles coming from the opposite direction:
Until at least two vehicles have passed.
Until dangerously close cars have passed.
Until all of the cars have passed.
Until your traffic signal starts changing to red, then you have to make a turn even if there are vehicles in the intersection.
7. If an oncoming vehicle has started to turn left in front of you:
Maintain your speed and take your right-of-way.
Slow or stop your car to prevent an accident.
Honk your horn to warn the other driver and maintain your speed.
Accelerate so you can clear the dangerous area quicker.
8. What effect does drinking alcohol and taking a prescription drug or over the counter medicine have
No effect, they are different substances.
The combination could multiply the effects of the alcohol.
The alcohol will help the medicine cure the cold
The medicine reduces the effect of the alcohol.
9. When meeting a car with blinding headlights, you should:
Dim your lights and then speed up to pass quickly.
Flash your lights on and off to warn the other driver.
Look away and toward the right side of the road
Use your bright lights until the other vehicle dims theirs.
10. What is the most important driving technique to avoid crashes when driving in icy or snowy conditions?
Add extra weight to the vehicle to improve traction.
Get off the highways as quickly as possible.
Engage 4 wheel drive on the vehicle
Reduce speed and increase following distance.
11. When you are driving in the left of two traffic lanes, and many cars are passing on your right, you should:
Pull onto the left shoulder to let the other vehicles pass.
Turn your emergency indicators on.
Stay in your lane so you will not impede the traffic flow.
Move over into the right lane when it is safe.
12. You are at a red traffic signal. the traffic light turns green, but there are still other vehicles in the intersection. you should:
Wait until the vehicles clear the intersection before entering.
Move ahead only if you can go around the other vehicles safely.
Enter the intersection and wait for traffic to clear.
Honk your horn to warn other drivers of your presence and then enter the intersection.
13. Generally, standard signs that are orange indicate what?
General warning for road condition.
Recreation and scenic area information.
That there is road construction or road repair up ahead
That you must stop immediately.
14. Seatbelts properly worn will:
Reduce the risk of injury.
Keep you from moving your body.
Increase the risk of injury.
15. Babies cannot ride in the safety seat facing forward until they are:
1 year old and weigh at least 20 lbs.
2 years old and weigh at least 30 lbs.
1 year old or weigh at least 20 lbs.
2 years old or weigh at least 30 lbs.
16. When exiting a highway, you should slow down:
Once you have moved into the exit lane.
When you first see the exit sign.
On the main road, just before the exit lane.
Once you see the toll booth.
17. When you approach a flashing yellow light at an intersection, you must
Slow down and proceed with caution.
Proceed with an increased speed.
Proceed with the same speed
Come to a complete stop.
18. Which of the following driving skills is/are affected by the use of alcohol and/or drugs?
Both of the above.
19. A driver entering a traffic circle or rotary must yield the right-of-way to
Neither pedestrians nor drivers already in the circle.
Drivers already in the circle
Both pedestrians and drivers already in the circle.
20. If someone is driving aggressively behind you, you should:
Try to get out of the aggressive driver's way.
Block the passing lane.
Speed up as he or she is passing you.
Stare at the driver as he or she is passing you. Grade
Nevada DMV Driving Test