Pass the Nevada Permit Test the first time with our FREE Nevada Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. You are at a red traffic signal. the traffic light turns green, but there are still other vehicles in the intersection. you should:
Wait until the vehicles clear the intersection before entering.
Move ahead only if you can go around the other vehicles safely.
Enter the intersection and wait for traffic to clear.
Honk your horn to warn other drivers of your presence and then enter the intersection.
2. When overtaking and passing another vehicle on a two-lane road, you should pass
Only on the left of the vehicle.
Only on the right of the vehicle.
On either the left or the right of the vehicle
On neither the left nor the right of the vehicle.
3. A sign with an orange background and black letters indicates
A regulatory sign.
A construction zone sign.
A service sign
A guide sign.
4. When you are towing a trailer:
You must not drive faster than 45 mph.
The trailer must not swerve from side to side at any speed.
You must have special permission from the state to do so.
All of the above.
5. When turning corners, drivers must turn the steering wheel using
The hand-to-hand technique.
The two-hand technique.
The single-hand technique
The hand-over-hand technique.
6. You may not cross a single broken white (or yellow) line
When to do so would interfere with traffic.
When turning left into a driveway.
When the car in front is disabled.
When passing to the right on a one-way street.
7. Before backing up, you should:
Open your door to see if it is clear to proceed.
Rely on your mirrors to see if it is clear to proceed.
Flash your lights.
Turn your head and look through the rear window.
8. Only vehicles displaying special plates or parking placards for persons with disabilities may park in spaces reserved for them by an official parking for persons with disabilities sign
9. When two or more lanes of travel are permitted in the same direction, a broken white line is used
To divide each side of the highway into separate lanes for vehicles traveling in the same direction.
To indicate the left edge of the roadway.
To divide each side of the highway into separate lanes for vehicles traveling in different directions
To indicate the right edge of the roadway.
10. What speed should you travel when approaching a stopped emergency vehicle?
Above the posted speed limit, to clear the area faster.
A speed below the posted speed limit.
Whatever the flow of traffic around you is
You should stop until the vehicle moves.
The posted speed limit.
11. You are driving in the middle lane on a 3 lane expressway. a car begins to pass you on the right. the actions of that driver are
Wrong because pass to the left is a firm rule.
Wrong because he's passing you in your blind spot.
Ok as long as he does it on a limited access highway
Ok if no signs forbid passing on the right.
12. The distance a vehicle travels between the time the driver recognizes a problem and the time he/she applies the brakes is known as
The reaction distance.
The stopping distance.
The perception time
The braking distance.
13. You should increase the distance between your car and the vehicle ahead when you:
Follow small passenger car.
Are crowded by a tailgater.
Drive slower than the posted speed limit.
All of the above.
14. Which of the following is true - people driving under the influence of alcohol are
Not a problem.
Every driver's problem whether they drink or not.
A police enforcement problem only
Only a problem to those who drink.
15. When driving in fog, you should use your ____.
Low beam headlights.
High beam headlights.
16. What should you do if your engine stalls while you are driving?
Hold your steering wheel tightly (power steering is difficult).
Shift your transmission to neutral.
Try to re-start, if unable, stop off road, using 4-way flashers.
All of the above.
17. When waiting to make a left turn, you should give the right-of-way to vehicles coming from the opposite direction:
Until at least two vehicles have passed.
Until dangerously close cars have passed.
Until all of the cars have passed.
Until your traffic signal starts changing to red, then you have to make a turn even if there are vehicles in the intersection.
18. A solid white line on the right edge of the highway slants in towards your left. that shows that
There is an intersection just ahead.
You are approaching a construction area.
You will be required to turn left just ahead.
The road will get narrower.
19. When driving near road construction zones, you should
Pass the construction zone carefully and avoid rubbernecking.
Step on your brakes just before you pass the construction zone.
Slow down to watch the construction as you pass.
Honk your horn to warn the workers that you are approaching.
20. You must not pass a vehicle on the right when
You are driving on a one-way road with two lanes of traffic.
The vehicle ahead is going straight.
Oncoming vehicles are not making a left turn
The vehicle ahead is making a right turn. Grade
Nevada DMV Driving Test