New Mexico DMV Driving Test

Pass the New Mexico Permit Test the first time with our FREE New Mexico Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. When two vehicles arrive at an intersection at the same time, which one has the right-of-way when no signs or signals indicate rules?
2. When following another vehicle, it is easy to gauge if you are following too closely by using which rule?
3. A double solid yellow line on the pavement means that
4. Which of the following is not a true statement about safety belts?
5. You have to yield to a pedestrian:
6. When merging into traffic, at what speed should you try to maintain your vehicle?
7. At an intersection of two-way streets, after coming to a full stop at a red traffic light, a driver may:
8. What is the benefit of a space cushion around your vehicle
9. When should you switch on your high-beam headlights?
10. People with what health conditions must send motor vehicle division periodic medical statements signed by their physicians?
11. If you park facing up hill where there is a curb, set the parking brake and turn the wheels:
12. If you are driving and you find that nothing seems to help you stay awake, you should:
13. You may drive around or under a gate that is being lowered or raised at a railroad crossing
14. When you see or hear an emergency vehicle coming, you should:
15. When the driver behind you wants to pass, you should:
16. At an intersection with a stop sign, you should stop and:
17. If your headlights suddenly go out what is the first thing you should do?
18. A flashing red traffic signal at an intersection has the same requirements as which of the following?
19. Which of the following should you do if the gas pedal sticks while driving?
20. If there are 3 or more lanes going in the same direction on a highway, the ____ are usually the smoothest, in terms of the flow of traffic.

New Mexico DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in New Mexico, you must have a motorcycle license or a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Motor Vehicles Division (MVD). There are three different levels of licenses depending on your age: Class M 13+, Class M 15+, and a Class M 18+ license. A motorcycle license or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads. A Class M 13+ license is only valid for motorcycles that are under 100cc.

To receive a Class M 13+ or Class M 15+ license, you must complete a motorcycle safety course, submit an application, the required documentation, and pay the fees. The tests are waived if you successfully complete the required coursework. To receive a Class M 18+ license, you must apply, submit the documentation, pay the fees, and pass the motorcycle written and road tests. If you complete a motorcycle safety course, the required tests will be waived.

Tests are scheduled through the MVD. The written motorcycle test contains 25 questions on safe riding practices and road rules. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle road test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait a week to retest.