Pass the New Hampshire Permit Test the first time with our FREE New Hampshire Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. When you see or hear an emergency vehicle coming, you should:
Keep moving slowly, staying to the right side of the road.
Proceed slowly and permit the vehicle to pass.
Stop immediately and let the vehicle pass
Drive as far toward the right side of the road as it is safe and stop.
2. If you are unable to see the road ahead while driving through heavy rain or fog, and your wipers do not help, you should:
Turn on your high-beams and continue driving.
Pull off the road completely until visibility improves.
Slow down and continue driving.
Slow down, turn your emergency lights on and continue driving.
3. Before turning, you should:
Turn the wheel.
Use your signal.
Increase your speed.
4. When should you not insist on taking your legal right-of-way?
When other drivers want to drive faster.
Never. it confuses other drivers.
When it helps prevent accidents.
When you have two or more passengers in the vehicle.
5. When stopped at railroad tracks with no crossing gates, you may cross:
As soon as the train has passed your roadway.
Only when the train is completely out of sight.
Only when you can see clearly in both directions.
Only if it is not raining.
6. On two-lane roads where traffic moves in opposite directions, you may pass on the left only when
A broken yellow line is in your lane.
A broken yellow line is not in your lane.
A double solid yellow line is in the center
A solid yellow line is in your lane.
7. On slippery roads, you should:
Not drive faster than 20 mph.
Go the speed limit, with caution.
8. A driver may park in a space reserved for people with disabilities if the vehicle displays license plates for the disabled
Regardless of who is in the vehicle.
Only if the driver is disabled.
And is carrying the disabled person named on the registration
If someone in the driver's immediate family is disabled.
9. If you approach an intersection with a steady yellow light, you must
Stop in the middle of the intersection and wait for the red light.
Increase your speed and clear the intersection.
Stop, look for the pedestrians, and proceed with caution
Slow down and proceed with caution, if a stop cannot be made safely.
10. Which of the following demonstrates a proper turn between two multi-lane roads?
A left turn from the left lane into the left lane.
A left turn from the left lane into the right lane.
A left turn from the right lane into the left lane
A right turn from the right lane into the left lane.
11. After you have passed a car you should return to the right lane when you
See the front bumper of the other car in your mirror.
Have put your turn signal on.
Have turned your headlights on
See the other car's headlights come on.
12. The maximum speed limit in new hampshire in any rural residence district is ____.
13. Drugs may interfere with a person's ability to drive safely:
Only if the drugs are prescribed by a doctor.
Only when driving at night.
Only when taken while drinking
And it is important to ask your doctor about any effects that the prescribed drugs may have on your driving ability.
14. Which of the following is untrue of a 3-wheeled motorcycle license?
If you took your road test on a conventional 2 wheeled motorcycle you can operate a 3 wheeled motorcycle.
It allows you to drive on a 3-wheeled motorcycle and car if you take your road test on the 3 wheeled motorcycle.
None of the answers listed
It allows you to drive only a 3-wheeled motorcycle if you take your road test on the 3 wheeled motorcycle.
15. You may drive around or under a gate that is being lowered or raised at a railroad crossing
As long as an approaching train is not too close.
If your vehicle can do so without damaging the gate.
If you first look carefully in both directions.
Under no circumstances.
16. You must not pass a vehicle on the right when
The vehicle ahead is going straight.
Oncoming vehicles are not making a left turn.
The vehicle ahead is making a right turn
You are driving on a one-way road with two lanes of traffic.
17. Which of these is a safe driving practice?
Checking your rearview mirrors frequently.
Staring at the road ahead of your vehicle.
Using your high-beam lights in the fog.
18. If your windshield wipers fail during heavy rain or snow, you should:
Brake and stop your car where it is, then get out and try to un-stick the wipers.
Ask your passenger to walk alongside the car and clean the windshield while you steer.
Run the windshield washer as a substitute for the wipers
Open the window and stick your head out to see ahead before pulling over.
19. What does an octagonal shape signify?
A stop command.
No passing here.
Regulations or guidance
School zone or school crossing.
20. When driving on major highways:
All of the above.
Be ready to react to road hazards.
Keep your eyes moving. Grade
New Hampshire DMV Driving Test