Pass the New Hampshire Permit Test the first time with our FREE New Hampshire Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. You are driving behind another vehicle. you notice that the driver is driving with one hand, talking to a passenger. you as a driver:
Know that you should give the vehicle ahead extra room.
Know that the driver in the vehicle ahead is reducing his safety margin by being an inattentive driver.
Know that you should avoid this bad habit
All of the above.
2. A highway work zone can be easily identified by ____ immediately preceding the work zone.
A black-on-orange sign.
A red octagon-shaped sign.
A green triangular symbol.
A yellow pennant symbol.
3. Which of the following driving skills are affected by the use of alcohol and/or drugs?
Alertness and concentration.
Reaction time and coordination.
All of the above are affected
4. Which of the following 'clock' positions are acceptable for holding the wheel?
Both the 10-2 and 9-3 positions.
Both the 9-3 and 8-4 positions.
The 9-3 position
The 10-2 position.
The 8-4 position.
5. You must yield the right-of-way to an emergency vehicle by:
Driving as near to the right edge of the road as possible and stopping.
Moving into the right lane and driving slowly until it has passed.
Stopping immediately, even if you are in an intersection.
Accelerate to get out of the way of the emergency vehicle.
6. Which sign color is generally used to indicate driver services such as food, fuel, or lodging?
7. When driving in a roundabout and if approached by an emergency vehicle using a siren, air horn or a red or blue flashing light
Pull over to the left side for the emergency vehicle to get by.
Continue to your exit, then pull to the right.
Pull over to the right side in the roundabout.
Stop in the roundabout.
8. A broken yellow line alongside a solid yellow line means
Passing is not allowed in either direction.
Passing is permitted on the broken line side.
Passing on the left is permitted in either direction.
Passing is permitted on the solid line side.
9. The correct way to use a freeway exit ramp is:
Pass slower traffic in the exit ramp.
Don't slow down until you move onto the exit ramp.
Slow down before entering the exit ramp
Keep your speed constant once in the exit ramp.
10. Which of the following statements is not true regarding the use of headlights?
Low beams are used in city driving and driving in traffic on roadways.
Low beams are used when traveling in fog, rain, or snow.
High beams are used for open country driving when there is no traffic in sight
High beams are used when traveling behind other vehicles.
11. Which of the following demonstrates a proper turn between two multi-lane roads?
A left turn from the left lane into the left lane.
A left turn from the left lane into the right lane.
A left turn from the right lane into the left lane
A right turn from the right lane into the left lane.
12. Assuming that the street is level, what should you do after you have finished parallel parking in a space between two other cars
Leave your front wheels turned toward the curb.
Make sure your car almost touches the car behind you.
Move as far forward in the space as possible
Straighten your front wheels and leave room between cars.
13. A driver must ____ for a school bus that is stopped with its red lights flashing on the opposite side of the road.
Come to a complete stop.
14. A speed limit is
None of the above.
The suggested speed to travel on a road under ideal conditions.
The minimum legal speed you can travel on the road under ideal conditions.
The maximum legal speed you can travel on the road under ideal conditions.
15. If you have had several beers before driving, the effects of alcohol will be reduced only by:
Taking a cold shower.
Waiting several hours.
Drinking several cups of coffee.
16. Coming to a complete stop at an intersection, yielding to cross traffic/pedestrians, and then proceeding when clear corresponds with:
A flashing yellow light.
A solid green light.
A solid red light.
A flashing red light.
17. The edge of a road on the right side is normally marked by:
A dotted white line.
A dotted yellow line.
A solid yellow line
A solid white line.
A double yellow line.
18. You must yield to other drivers:
When your traffic signal is a 'stale' green.
When they are on the left and you have reached an unmarked intersection at the same time.
All of the above.
When entering a street from a garage or alley.
19. If you are following a truck that swings left before making a right turn at an intersection, you should remember that it is very dangerous to:
Try to squeeze between the truck and curb to make a right turn.
Apply your brakes until the truck has completed the turn.
Violate the 4-second following distance rule.
Honk your horn at the truck driver.
20. Certain highway signs and markings require that you must obey the indicated instruction. such signs are known as:
Information signs. Grade
New Hampshire DMV Driving Test