Pass the North Carolina Permit Test the first time with our FREE North Carolina Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. When you enter traffic from a stop (ex: pulling away from the curb), you:
2. Within ____ prior to the registration expiration, all vehicles must pass a safety and emissions inspection.
3. This diamond-shaped sign warns drivers that
4. Which of the following happen(s) under the point system?
5. To make a right turn start in the right-hand lane and end in:
6. Drinking alcohol and driving is
7. The traffic striping marks of diagonal yellow lines are on streets and highways. these indicate
8. You should use a turn-out lane when:
9. When an animal suddenly runs in front of your vehicle, you must
10. When you are under emotional or physical stress while driving a vehicle, it is better to
11. When should you not insist on taking your legal right-of-way?
12. If you are stopped by a police officer, you should:
13. Where should you stop your vehicle when there is no limit line?
14. To make a right turn onto a two-way street from a two-way street, start in the right-hand lane and end in:
15. What should you do if you are overtaking a bicycle and an oncoming vehicle is approaching at the same time?
16. What is the meaning of a flashing yellow signal?
17. Before you leave a parking space which is parallel to the curb you should
18. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
To operate a motorcycle in North Carolina, you must have an endorsement on your current driver's license or a motorcycle learner's permit. Licenses are issued by the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You can apply for a learner's permit at age 16. You can apply for a motorcycle endorsement if you currently have a full provisional, regular, or commercial driver's license. A motorcycle permit or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner's permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, the motorcycle knowledge exam, and the traffic signs test. Minors will also need to successfully complete a motorcycle safety course. To receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, the knowledge exam, the traffic signs test, and the motorcycle rider skills test.
Tests are scheduled through the DMV. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions on traffic laws and safe driving practices. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The traffic signs test examines your ability to identify signs by shape, color, and meaning. You must score at least 80 percent to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to handle normal and hazardous traffic situations. If you fail a test, you may have to wait between one and five days to retest.