Pass the North Carolina Permit Test the first time with our FREE North Carolina Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. What does this sign indicate to a driver?
2. A driver's license can be renewed anytime within ____ days of expiration.
3. What are some telltale signs of a drunk driver?
4. The most effective safety restraints in a traffic crash are
5. On a divided highway, ____indicates the left edge of traffic lanes going in the same direction as you.
6. Orange construction signs warn you:
7. You must not cross a double line to pass another vehicle if the line on your side:
8. You should use your headlights at night and when else?
9. You should use your vehicle's horn when:
10. When you enter traffic from a stop (ex: pulling away from the curb), you:
11. When driving in fog, you should use your ____.
12. Before a motor vehicle can be licensed, proof of liability insurance coverage must be documented. what is the minimum amount of liability insurance required for all personal injuries in the event of a crash?
13. A solid white line on the right edge of the highway slants in towards your left. that shows that
14. Which of these is true about other drivers?
15. Which of the following would best improve traffic flow?
16. To turn right onto a two-way street from a two-way street, start in the right lane and end in:
17. Blood alcohol content (bac) depends on each of the following except
18. A chemical test is used to measure
19. As you approach and enter the acceleration lane, ____to match that of vehicles in the through lanes.
To operate a motorcycle in North Carolina, you must have an endorsement on your current driver's license or a motorcycle learner's permit. Licenses are issued by the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You can apply for a learner's permit at age 16. You can apply for a motorcycle endorsement if you currently have a full provisional, regular, or commercial driver's license. A motorcycle permit or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner's permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, the motorcycle knowledge exam, and the traffic signs test. Minors will also need to successfully complete a motorcycle safety course. To receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pay the fees, and pass the vision screening, the knowledge exam, the traffic signs test, and the motorcycle rider skills test.
Tests are scheduled through the DMV. The motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions on traffic laws and safe driving practices. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The traffic signs test examines your ability to identify signs by shape, color, and meaning. You must score at least 80 percent to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to handle normal and hazardous traffic situations. If you fail a test, you may have to wait between one and five days to retest.