Pass the Montana Permit Test the first time with our FREE Montana Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. If you want a veteran designation on your license or id card and you want information about how to do this, you ____.
2. If you are hit from the rear, your body will most likely be thrown ____.
3. While getting onto an expressway, you reach the end of a freeway on-ramp. at this point, you should be traveling
4. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
5. When just getting back on pavement after drifting or running off the road, you should:
6. Slow moving vehicles usually have a ____ colored emblem on the back of their vehicle.
7. The graduated driver licensing program consists of ____ steps.
8. Pedestrians crossing at corners have the right-of-way:
9. If a traffic light is broken or not functioning you should:
10. When you are overtaking a vehicle, what must you do?
11. After you are married, you will need which of the following documents to complete an application for a name change?
12. To find out about window tinting laws, you should:
13. A white pedestrian figure on the traffic light means:
14. A broken white line on the road represents
15. If you see a blind pedestrian approaching the crosswalk, you should
16. If traffic prevents you from crossing all the way across a set of railroad tracks, you may proceed only when
17. It is best not to drive in the fog, but if you must do so, you should use:
18. Most serious accidents happen at what time of day?
19. This arrow-marked sign indicates that
20. Which of the following statements is true regarding making turns?
To operate a motorcycle in Montana, you must have a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD). At age 15, you can apply for a motorcycle learner license if you have successfully completed a driver's education course. Upon completing the learner license requirements, you can apply for a motorcycle endorsement. A motorcycle learner license or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner license, you must have a valid Montana driver's license, apply, submit your documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To receive a motorcycle endorsement on your current driver's license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the motorcycle skills test, and pay the fees.
The tests are taken at your local MVD. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions on motorcycle safety and driving skills. The test is comprehensive and covers questions specifically geared toward motorcycle drivers. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills exam assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. Your motorcycle must be properly registered before you can use it for the test. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.