Pass the Michigan Permit Test the first time with our FREE Michigan Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. If someone has consumed alcoholic drinks, what will help the person overcome the influence of those drinks?
2. Which of the following is not part of segment 1 of driver education?
3. Which of the following is a reason for driver re-examinations?
4. Which of these is a good way to spot driving hazards?
5. Under michigan law, it is illegal to leave children less than ____ unattended in a motor vehicle if the amount of time or circumstances in which they are left poses an unreasonable risk of harm or injury.
6. What are possible consequences of refusing to take a preliminary breath test if you are stopped by a law enforcement officer for suspicion of driving while intoxicated?
7. Applicants that are 18 or older will be given a knowledge test at the ____ office when applying for a temporary instruction permit.
8. When making a turn, you must ____ your speed.
9. If your car has air bags, you should use your seatbelt:
10. When you follow vehicles too closely and another driver suddenly cuts in front of you, what should you do?
11. When you see an elderly person crossing an intersection, you should
12. You may avoid the risks of alcohol-related crashes by
13. What should you do if an oncoming vehicle enters your lane?
14. To turn left from a one-way street onto a one-way street, use:
15. Your brake lights tell other drivers that you:
16. Which of the following shouldn't you do as you approach a roundabout?
17. When you are driving slowly in the freeway fast lane, blocking traffic which wishes to pass, you should:
18. A flashing red traffic signal at an intersection has the same requirements as which of the following?
19. At least how many documents are required to prove that you are a michigan resident?
20. If your vehicle starts to hydroplane, you should:
To operate a motorcycle in Michigan, you must have a motorcycle endorsement (CY) on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Secretary of State (SOS). You must be at least 16 and have a valid driver's license to apply for a motorcycle temporary instruction permit or motorcycle endorsement. Minors must have a valid level 2 or level 3 graduated driver license (GDL). A motorcycle permit or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle permit, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge test, and pay the fees. To receive a motorcycle endorsement on your current Michigan driver's license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the driving test, and pay the fees. Additionally, applicants under the age of 18 must also complete a motorcycle safety course. Testing may be waived for applicants over the age of 18 who successfully complete an approved motorcycle safety course.
The tests are taken at your local SOS branch office. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions on motorcycle safety and driving skills. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate a motorcycle safely. If you fail the motorcycle rider skills test twice, you will be required to take a motorcycle safety course before you can attempt the test again.