Pass the Michigan Permit Test the first time with our FREE Michigan Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. Yellow signs with black, squiggly arrows indicate which of the following?
2. Left turns at red lights are permitted:
3. When your license is revoked, you must wait one to ____ before you are eligible to request a driver's license appeal hearing with the administrative hearings section of the legal services administration to have your driver's license restored.
4. The correct way to use a freeway exit ramp is:
5. If you are stopped at an intersection and the traffic light just turned green, can you go immediately?
6. What are the colors of a sign which tells you the distance to the next exit of a highway?
7. A limited-access interstate freeway sign is an example of ____.
8. Driving slower than other traffic tends to:
9. In order to apply for a duplicate driver's license you must ____.
10. Blocking an intersection during rush hour traffic is:
11. A driver may park in a space reserved for people with disabilities if the vehicle displays license plates for the disabled
12. What is the consequence for a first time owi on a watercraft conviction?
13. When stopped at railroad tracks with no crossing gates, you may cross:
14. You may never park
15. You may cross solid yellow lines:
16. What is a 'recreational double?'
17. If someone acting suspiciously approaches your vehicle, you should ____.
18. You must look for bicycle riders in the same lanes used by motor vehicles because they:
19. When exiting a highway, you should slow down:
20. If you are unable to see the road ahead while driving through heavy rain or fog, and your wipers do not help, you should:
To operate a motorcycle in Michigan, you must have a motorcycle endorsement (CY) on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Secretary of State (SOS). You must be at least 16 and have a valid driver's license to apply for a motorcycle temporary instruction permit or motorcycle endorsement. Minors must have a valid level 2 or level 3 graduated driver license (GDL). A motorcycle permit or endorsement allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle permit, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge test, and pay the fees. To receive a motorcycle endorsement on your current Michigan driver's license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the driving test, and pay the fees. Additionally, applicants under the age of 18 must also complete a motorcycle safety course. Testing may be waived for applicants over the age of 18 who successfully complete an approved motorcycle safety course.
The tests are taken at your local SOS branch office. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions on motorcycle safety and driving skills. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle rider skills test assesses your ability to operate a motorcycle safely. If you fail the motorcycle rider skills test twice, you will be required to take a motorcycle safety course before you can attempt the test again.