Pass the Maryland Permit Test the first time with our FREE Maryland Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. When you see an elderly person crossing an intersection, you should
2. If you see a solid white line between lanes of traffic, you must
3. If the vehicle is equipped with air bags:
4. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
5. Excessive speed:
6. Blue square or rectangular signs normally indicate:
7. When you are driving slowly in the freeway fast lane, blocking traffic which wishes to pass, you should:
8. What should you do if your engine stalls while you are driving?
9. You want to park downhill on a two-way road and there is no curb. which way do you turn your front wheels?
10. The reverse two-point turn must be completed by all applicants applying for their original class 'c' driver's license in a space of what dimensions?
11. How old, at least, must you be to obtain a learner's instructional permit in maryland?
12. When turning left at an intersection:
13. What should you yield right-of-way to?
14. An octagonal sign always means that the driver should ____.
15. When you exit a high-speed, two-lane roadway, you must ____ if you have traffic following you.
16. This speed limit sign indicates
17. Which of the following driving skills are affected by the use of alcohol and/or drugs?
18. This sign is
19. What markings are on the road indicating where a vehicle must stop near a stop sign or red traffic signal?
20. What should you do if an oncoming car at night approaches with its high-beams on?
To operate a motorcycle in Maryland, you must have a Class M license or a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA). At age 15 years and nine months, you can apply for a motorcycle learner's permit. At age 16 ½, you can apply for a Class M license or endorsement. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner's permit, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. If you are a new driver under the age of 18, you must complete a driver's education course. New drivers, regardless of age, must also pass the Class C Maryland knowledge exam. To receive a Class M license or motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the driving test, and pay the fees. Applicants under the age of 18 must also complete a motorcycle driver safety course. The knowledge and driving tests are waived for drivers over the age of 18 who complete the course.
The tests are taken at your local MVA. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions on motorcycle safety and driving skills. You must answer 22 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills exam is a demonstration of the skills needed to operate a motorcycle. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.