Pass the Maryland Permit Test the first time with our FREE Maryland Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. Which of the following changes may be made in work zones?
2. It is more dangerous to drive at night than in daytime, because:
3. Which of these statements is true about drugs and driving is true
4. What is the basic speed law?
5. What is the appropriate action to take when approaching a railroad crossing that does not have signals (such as lights or crossing gates)
6. Which of these statements is not true about road workers?
7. Which of the following influence the effects of alcohol
8. Which is not a normal step to be taken when preparing to turn?
9. What should you do when you are going to enter a roadway from a private road
10. The national voter registration act of ____ is a federal law that requires the mva to give qualified customers an opportunity to apply for voter registration, or update voting information, during a driver's license or photo identification (id) card transaction.
11. Allow extra space in front of your vehicle when following a:
12. Who has the right-of-way when more than one driver arrives at a 4-way stop?
13. Driving on the left side on a multi-lane highway is legal when you are
14. When can you drive using only your parking lights?
15. It is night. a vehicle coming towards you has its high beams on which make it hard to see the road ahead, you should:
16. When is stopping on the shoulder of the interstate permissible?
17. Which of these actions is acceptable when driving?
18. If you are stopped at an intersection and the traffic light just turned green, can you go immediately?
19. Blocking an intersection during 'rush hour' traffic is not permitted
20. When you are facing a green light and there are pedestrians in the intersection:
To operate a motorcycle in Maryland, you must have a Class M license or a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA). At age 15 years and nine months, you can apply for a motorcycle learner's permit. At age 16 ½, you can apply for a Class M license or endorsement. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner's permit, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the vision screening and the motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. If you are a new driver under the age of 18, you must complete a driver's education course. New drivers, regardless of age, must also pass the Class C Maryland knowledge exam. To receive a Class M license or motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license, you must apply, submit your documentation, pass the driving test, and pay the fees. Applicants under the age of 18 must also complete a motorcycle driver safety course. The knowledge and driving tests are waived for drivers over the age of 18 who complete the course.
The tests are taken at your local MVA. The motorcycle knowledge exam contains 25 questions on motorcycle safety and driving skills. You must answer 22 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills exam is a demonstration of the skills needed to operate a motorcycle. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.