Pass the Massachusetts Permit Test the first time with our FREE Massachusetts Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. If you are approaching a railroad crossing with red flashing lights, you must:
2. As the percentage of alcohol (bac) in your blood increases, you become:
3. How can a person apply for a duplicate registration certificate?
4. When you come to an intersection and try to make a move, you must follow the ____ before you pull out.
5. What causes most rear-end accidents?
6. What do these double arrows mean?
7. When parking in a business or residential district, your vehicle must be no more than how many inches from the curb?
8. What are the colors of the warning signs that indicate hazards ahead, such as curves in the road or narrow bridges?
9. How many lbs is a commercial vehicle required to have the massachusetts commercial vehicle inspection?
10. Drivers must maintain windshield wipers in good operating condition because
11. Should you drive slower than other traffic that is traveling within the speed limit?
12. When you are driving in the left of two traffic lanes, and many cars are passing on your right, you should:
13. Under the lemon aid law, you are able to void or cancel a motor vehicle contract or sale if the estimated costs of making the repairs of emissions or safety related defects exceed how much of the purchase price?
14. If you stop along the road at night:
15. Which documents must you present for a conversion from the republic of france?
16. Which of the following statements is not true?
17. Tailgating other drivers:
18. How long is a temporary license valid for?
19. Th e safe and legal passing of another vehicle requires that a driver:
To operate a motorcycle in Massachusetts, you must have a motorcycle license. Licenses are issued by the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV). You can apply for a motorcycle learner's permit at the age of 16. At age 16 ½, you can apply for a Class M motorcycle license. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner's permit, you must apply, submit your required documentation, pass the vision screening and the Class M knowledge test, and pay the fees. Once you have earned your motorcycle learner's permit, you can apply for a Class M license. Applicants over the age of 18 have the option to complete the Motorcycle Rider Education Program (MREP) or pass the Class M road test. Minors must successfully pass the MREP program and fulfill all junior operator requirements to receive a motorcycle license.
The Class M knowledge test is taken at your local RMV. The test contains 25 questions on road rules, the consequences of driving while under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and other safety issues. You must answer 18 of the questions correctly to pass. The Class M road test is taken at the RMV and assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail the road test twice, you must successfully complete an RMV approved basic riding course before you can schedule another exam.