Pass the Indiana Permit Test the first time with our FREE Indiana Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
2. It is best not to drive in the fog, but if you must do so, you should use:
3. If you drink alcohol socially, what helps insure safe driving
4. When a traffic light turns green, should you go immediately?
5. When you want to overtake and pass another vehicle you should
6. You are driving on a two-way street and want to turn left at the corner. give the right-of-way to:
7. A two-headed arrow with one head pointing straight ahead and the other pointing to the left means that
8. If another driver cuts you off in traffic, you should:
9. When stopped at railroad tracks with no crossing gates, you may cross:
10. When waiting to make a left turn, you should give the right-of-way to vehicles coming from the opposite direction:
11. If there is a solid double yellow line in the center of the roadway, you:
12. A single broken yellow line usually marks the centerline of a two-way roadway where
13. What should you do in the event of tire blowout?
14. Driving privileges suspension starts ____ days after notice from bmv is sent to the driver, unless directed.
15. How many days do you have to get an indiana driver's license if you become a resident of indiana and hold a driver's license from another state?
16. At railroad crossings that have the standard, octagonal, red-and-white stop sign, drivers must stop and proceed only when
17. What is the age restriction for obtaining an indiana identification card?
18. What should you do if an oncoming car at night approaches with its high-beams on?
19. What are the colors of the warning signs that indicate hazards ahead, such as curves in the road or narrow bridges?
To operate a motorcycle in Indiana, you must have a motorcycle endorsement on your license. Licenses are issued by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV). You can apply for a motorcycle endorsement at age 16½ if you hold a valid Indiana driver's license. You may also apply for a motorcycle learner's permit while working toward your endorsement. A motorcycle permit or license allows you to legally operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped on public roads.
To receive a motorcycle learner's permit, you must apply, submit the required documentation, pass the vision screening and motorcycle knowledge exam, and pay the fees. To receive a motorcycle endorsement on your license, you must apply, submit your documentation, and pass the vision screening, if it is required. If you currently hold a learner's permit, you must pass the motorcycle skills exam to receive your endorsement. Alternatively, if you successfully complete an approved Ride Safe Indiana motorcycle safety training course, you can receive an endorsement without taking the motorcycle skills exam.
The motorcycle knowledge test is taken at your local BMV. The test contains 25 questions on motorcycle safety and driving skills. You must answer 22 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills exam is taken at an approved exam site and assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.