Pass the Indiana Permit Test the first time with our FREE Indiana Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. You must not pass another vehicle if you see
A school bus ahead with red flashing lights and an extended stop arm.
A solid yellow line in your lane.
An approaching hill or a curve where there is no clear visibility
Any of these things.
2. You are making a left turn from a two-way street into a one-way street. when you have completed the turn your car should be
In the right lane of the street.
In the center of the street.
In the left lane of the street.
In the lane with the least traffic.
3. Drinking alcohol and driving is
A minor traffic safety problem.
A serious traffic safety problem.
Safe if you only have a few drinks
Only dangerous to the driver who drinks.
4. If your vehicle has a steering wheel lock, should you ever turn off the ignition while it is moving?
No, the steering wheel may lock and you can lose control of your vehicle.
Yes, turning off the ignition will not affect the steering control.
No, unless you want to coast downhill.
Yes, but be prepared to skid if you step on the brakes too hard.
5. When a stop is required at an intersection and no markings appear to indicate a stop line or crosswalk, which of the following is the appropriate place to make the stop?
The driver is not required to stop.
Only at a place where the driver can see at least 200 feet on either side without regard for the intersecting roadway.
At the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the driver has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway before actually entering the roadway
The driver is required to slow down to make sure crossing traffic is clear.
6. If you are stopped, intending to turn left, but oncoming vehicles are approaching, you should:
Turn immediately if there are no pedestrians nearby.
Give the oncoming vehicles the right-of-way.
Turn because you have the right-of-way.
Keep driving, until you can find a safer place to make a turn.
7. What is the most important driving technique to avoid crashes when driving in icy or snowy conditions?
Add extra weight to the vehicle to improve traction.
Engage 4 wheel drive on the vehicle.
Reduce speed and increase following distance.
Get off the highways as quickly as possible.
8. When you are driving in the left of two traffic lanes, and many cars are passing on your right, you should:
Pull onto the left shoulder to let the other vehicles pass.
Turn your emergency indicators on.
Stay in your lane so you will not impede the traffic flow.
Move over into the right lane when it is safe.
9. If a cross zone is displayed with a stop sign, what should you do?
Stop even if you do not see a train approaching. if you do, wait until it has passed before proceeding.
None of the listed answers.
Stop only if you see a train approaching
You are not required to stop at all.
10. You must signal continuously during the last 100 feet before you turn at an intersection:
Unless your turn is protected by a green arrow.
Unless you are in a designated turn lane.
Even if you do not see other vehicles around.
Unless you are traveling faster than other traffic.
11. Which of the following is not a good way to avoid vehicle theft?
Lock your vehicle's doors and never leave a second set of keys nearby.
Park in a dark area with basically no foot traffic.
None of the listed answers
Refrain from leaving your vehicle alone with the engine running.
Remove your keys from your vehicle.
12. A driver who is taking a non-prescription drug should
Read the labels on the drug before driving.
Drink alcohol instead.
Continue to drive
Drive only during daylight hours.
13. Which of the following requirements must you satisfy to obtain a commercial driver's license in indiana?
All of the answers listed.
Have at least one year driving experience.
Hold a valid indiana driver's license
Hold a commercial driver's license learner's permit.
Pass a knowledge test pertaining to the skills required for commercial driving that type of commercial driver's license you are applying for would entail.
14. You may cross solid yellow lines:
During daylight hours only.
At any time.
To pass traffic moving in the same direction.
When making turns.
15. If you are in an intersection and hear the siren of an emergency vehicle, you should
Move to the left and stop in the intersection.
Move to the right and stop in the intersection.
Continue through the intersection, then drive to the right and stop
Continue through the intersection, then drive to the left and stop.
16. Assuming that the street is level, what should you do after you have finished parallel parking in a space between two other cars
Leave your front wheels turned toward the curb.
Make sure your car almost touches the car behind you.
Move as far forward in the space as possible
Straighten your front wheels and leave room between cars.
17. If you always let other drivers go ahead of you at intersections, you are most likely:
Improving traffic flow.
Causing traffic delays.
Effectively using defensive driving techniques.
18. You are more likely to survive in the event of a car crash if you use ____ together.
The shoulder belt and emergency lights.
The lap belt and a helmet.
The lap and shoulder belts.
None of these.
19. Secureid is ____ for anyone applying for a new indiana driver's license, permit, or identification card.
None of the listed answers.
Required unless the applicant has religious objections
20. Which of the following documents is a valid method to prove indiana residency?
Residential lease agreement showing name, address, signature of all parties involved, and dated within 12 months of application date.
All of the answers listed.
Valid indiana handgun permit that shows your name, address, signature, and date of birth
Bank statement dated within 60 days of application date.
Indiana voter registration card. Grade
Indiana DMV Driving Test