Pass the Idaho Permit Test the first time with our FREE Idaho Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. What occurs if a driver shows their foreign license when pulled over by the police?
2. A speed limit is
3. According the nhtsa, seatbelts reduce chances of serious injury by ____ percent.
4. Should you drive slower than other traffic that is traveling within the speed limit?
5. When changing lanes you should not
6. A no parking sign at a certain location means
7. If it seems like a collision may happen but you still have some time, what should you do?
8. This diamond-shaped sign means that
9. A driver who is taking a non-prescription drug should
10. While driving, if you need to read a map or directions, you should
11. Who has the right-of-way at an intersection with no crosswalks?
12. You are on a highway with two traffic lanes in your direction and you see a vehicle stopped on the right shoulder of the road ahead with its hazard lights on. you should:
13. If your license is suspended you may qualify for a restricted permit. what does this permit allow you to do?
14. What can you do to avoid the need to make emergency (or 'panic') stops while driving in traffic?
15. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
16. When turning sharp corners, drivers must turn the steering wheel using
17. You are going to make a left turn from a dedicated left-turn lane when a yellow arrow appears for your lane. you should:
18. A steady yellow light means that a ____ light will soon appear.
19. Generally speaking, you are in a large truck's blind spot if you:
20. In what ways does alcohol affect your driving?
To operate a motorcycle in Idaho, you must have a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license. The state does not issue separate licenses specifically for motorcycles. Licensing services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You can also apply for a temporary motorcycle instruction permit. To apply, you must have a valid Idaho driver's license. This permit allows you to legally operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or a moped on public roads, and it is valid for 180 days. After obtaining a permit, you can receive your motorcycle endorsement once you have met the requirements.
To receive a motorcycle permit, you must first apply, submit your documentation, pass the motorcycle knowledge test, and pay the fees. To receive your motorcycle endorsement, you must apply and pass the motorcycle skills test. If you complete this process while your instruction permit is valid, the endorsement fee will be waived. Additionally, anyone under the age of 21 must successfully complete an approved motorcycle rider training course.
The knowledge test can be scheduled with your local County Driver License office. The test consists of 25 questions drawn from the material and concepts found in the Idaho Motorcycle Operator's Manual. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle in various traffic conditions. It is conducted by an approved third-party tester. If you fail, you can retake the test after three days.