Pass the District of Columbia Permit Test the first time with our FREE District of Columbia Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. Which of the following isn't a danger sign for drowsiness?
2. It is very foggy. you should slow down and:
3. What is the minimum hours of night driving one must have to obtain a full driver's license?
4. Motor vehicles should treat bicycles and pedestrians how?
5. What is the wrong thing to do if your car is hydroplaning?
6. Which of these statements is true about slippery road surfaces?
7. When you want to make a right turn, your car must be
8. To avoid crashes with vehicles in your 'blind spots':
9. The main reason why drinking alcohol and then driving is so dangerous is that it affects your:
10. Drinking alcohol and driving is
11. You must show proof of insurance to law enforcement:
12. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
13. Collisions can happen more often when:
14. If your parked car rolls away and hits another vehicle, you should
15. During the learner permit stage of the grad, how many points must be assessed against you to trigger a 90 days suspension of your permit?
16. Which of the following statements is true about BAC (blood alcohol content)
17. You may drive in a bike lane:
18. Since what year has the U.S. government mandated that vehicles be fitted with devices to increase safety and decrease emissions?
19. What should drivers do at intersections with pedestrian signals?
20. When driving at night, using the parking lights only is unlawful.
To operate a motorcycle in the District of Columbia (DC), you must have a motorcycle (M) endorsement on your driver's license. Licensing services are handled through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). An M endorsement on your license allows you to operate motorcycles, motorbikes, mopeds, scooters, and three-wheeled motorcycles on public roads. You must be at least 18 to apply for an M endorsement.
To receive an M endorsement, you must hold a valid DC license, complete an application, pay the fees, and pass the motorcycle knowledge test. Additionally, you must either pass the motorcycle skills test or submit a certificate of completion from a motorcycle demonstration course. If you choose to take the course, you must visit the Brentwood Road Test facility to obtain your driver's license with an M endorsement. The tests are scheduled through a DMV service center. You can schedule the motorcycle skills test by phone or online.
The knowledge test contains 25 questions about motorcycle safety and driving practices that are covered in the DC Motorcycle Operator Manual. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. If you fail, you can retake the test after three days. The motorcycle skills test covers basic vehicle control and crash-avoidance skills. You should know your motorcycle well and how to operate it safely before taking this test.