Connecticut DMV Driving Test

Pass the Connecticut Permit Test the first time with our FREE Connecticut Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. Which class of license is a non-commercial driver's license?
2. If you drive too fast on a wet road, there is danger that:
3. You may cross double yellow lines to pass another vehicle if the
4. What gas that contributes to climate change is released by burning fuels in your car?
5. Permanent state residents with disabilities are eligible for training courses provided they have the ability to drive. who should they contact about these services?
6. If you find yourself involved in an accident with a vehicle that is parked, what should you do?
7. Which of the following influence the effects of alcohol
8. If you are 16 or 17 years old and arrested for a first time dui offense and a police officers asks you to take a breath test and you refuse, your license will be suspended for:
9. Blocking an intersection during rush hour traffic is:
10. You may drive around or under a gate that is being lowered or raised at a railroad crossing
11. Who has the right-of-way at an intersection with no crosswalks?
12. When a road is too narrow for cars and bikes to ride side-by-side, bicyclists should
13. The safest place for children 12 and under to ride in a vehicle equipped with air bags is:
14. You should increase the distance between your car and the vehicle ahead when you:
15. What does a red arrow traffic signal mean?
16. Motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds are not easy to see-- therefore, you should:
17. In work zones, barriers, such as drums cones and tunes are used to:
18. Which of the following listed answers is an acceptable form of identification to begin knowledge and vision testing in connecticut?
19. When changing several lanes, pass through them ____ at a time.
20. If a traffic light is broken or not functioning you should:

Connecticut DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Connecticut, you must have a motorcycle endorsement on your license. Licenses and endorsements are issued through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). There are two different types of motorcycle endorsements. An M endorsement allows you to drive any type of motorcycle, including a motorbike, scooter, or moped, and a 3 endorsement allows you to operate three-wheeled motorcycles. Connecticut also offers the option of obtaining a motorcycle instruction permit that is valid for up to 60 days while you are completing the steps to obtain your endorsement.

To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, you will need to begin the endorsement process, pass the vision and motorcycle knowledge tests, and pay the fees. You must bring your current Connecticut license and an application form R-229, and minors must also bring a parental consent form 2-D. To receive an endorsement, in addition to the instruction permit requirements, you must be at least 16 and must complete an approved novice motorcycle safety course. Once completed, you can take your documentation and information to a DMV Hub office to receive your endorsement.

Tests are scheduled through your local DMV. The knowledge test contains 16 questions about operating a motorcycle from in the Connecticut Motorcycle Operator Manual. You must answer 12 of the questions correctly to pass. If you fail, you will have to wait a day to retest. The on-cycle test covers basic vehicle control and crash-avoidance skills. This test is waived if you pass the motorcycle safety course.