Pass the Arizona Permit Test the first time with our FREE Arizona Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.
1. What kind of line may you not cross on a roadway?
2. When the vehicle ahead of you passes an object, you should reach the object at least ____ later to ensure you're keeping a safe distance.
3. When following behind a police car in an emergency, one must maintain a minimum distance of ____ feet
4. On a first violation, a person convicted of not having/not able to produce evidence of current financial responsibility for the vehicle, could receive a suspension of their license for ____.
5. An intersection has a stop sign, crosswalk, but no stop line. you must stop
6. What should you do if your accelerator sticks while you are driving?
7. If you are having vehicle trouble and need to stop, the first step you should do is
8. When can you drive using only your parking lights?
9. Flash floods can cause vehicles to float and fill with water, trapping and drowning people. while especially dangerous at night and in deep water, even ____ inches of water can float some small cars.
10. Who has the right-of-way at an intersection with no crosswalks?
11. What causes most rear-end accidents?
12. You may drive in a bike lane:
13. When merging into freeway traffic, who has the right-of-way?
14. When you want to overtake and pass another vehicle you should
15. If drivers approaching from opposite directions reach a stop sign at about the same time, then
16. When walking in an area with metro light rail tracks, you should:
17. A chemical test is used to measure
18. What is the one thing you should not do when turning right on red?
19. When required to stop at a railroad crossing, you must stop no less than ____ feet from the nearest rail.
To operate a motorcycle in Arizona, you must have a Class M license or an endorsement on your driver's license. Licenses are issued by the Department of Transportation (ADOT). The state offers a motorcycle instruction permit, Class M motorcycle license, a Class G graduated driver license (GDL) with an endorsement, and a Class D license with an endorsement. These licenses allow drivers to operate a motorcycle, motorbike, scooter, or moped. Minors must hold the motorcycle instruction permit for at least six months before applying for a license. At age 15 ½, you can apply for an instruction permit, and at age 16, you can apply for a Class M license or a Class G license with an endorsement. You can receive a Class D license with an endorsement at 18 or older.
To receive a motorcycle instruction permit, license, or endorsement, you must submit your documentation, pass the vision screening and written test, complete an application, and pay the fees. Minors applying for a license or endorsement also need to submit proof that they completed the required coursework and driving hours. Class M, G, and D licenses with an endorsement all require a motorcycle skills test.
Tests are scheduled through the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD). The written exam contains 30 questions about how to prepare to ride, vehicle control, and motorcycle safety. You must answer 24 of the questions correctly to pass. The motorcycle skills test is a 10-15 minute test demonstrating your ability to operate your motorcycle. You can attempt to pass the test three times before you must pay another application fee.