Alaska DMV Driving Test

Pass the Alaska Permit Test the first time with our FREE Alaska Practice Tests. Study real driving permit test questions from the DMV handbook!.

1. How much greater is the striking power of a vehicle when you double its speed from 20 mph to 40 mph?
2. If your driving privileges have been suspended in another state, what must you provide in order to obtain an alaska license?
3. If you are unable to see the road ahead while driving through heavy rain or fog, and your wipers do not help, you should:
4. While all of the following are dangerous to do while driving, which is also illegal?
5. If your vehicle's directional signals fail, use ____ until you can have them repaired.
6. When approaching a school bus displaying flashing red lights, the driver should:
7. If you have had several beers before driving, the effects of alcohol will be reduced only by:
8. When you want to make a right turn, your car must be
9. If the traffic signals are not functioning due to a power outage:
10. Which of these statements is true about slippery road surfaces?
11. What does a solid red arrow mean?
12. What is the average cost of your first dui?
13. With lights are illuminating the rear license plate, the numbers on the plate must be visible for at least ____ feet?
14. Which action below is not something one might do to prevent skidding?
15. What should you do if a tire blows out while you are driving?
16. Using the unpaved shoulder of the road to pass to the right of a car is permitted if:
17. This sign represents
18. When turning around on a city street, the safest idea is to:
19. Use your headlights on rainy, snowy, or foggy days:
20. A red and white triangular sign at an intersection means:

Alaska DMV Driving Test

My score:

About Permit Practice Tests

To operate a motorcycle in Alaska, you must have a Class M license. Licenses are issued through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The state offers a motorcycle instruction permit and three license levels. You can apply for an M1 (any motorcycle), M2 (motor bike, scooter, or moped), or M3 (three-wheeled motorcycle) license. Minors must hold the motorcycle instruction permit for at least six months before applying for a motorcycle license. At age 14, you can apply for a Class M2 license and at age 16, you can apply for a Class M1 or M3 license.

To receive a Class M permit or license, you must submit your documentation, pass the vision screening, complete a Form 478 application, and pay the fees. Minors will also need to complete Form 433. To fulfill the motorcycle license requirements, you can either take a motorcycle safety course or pass the required tests. You must be at least 14 to receive an instruction permit, and you must also pass the written motorcycle knowledge test and the written knowledge test. An M2 license requires these tests plus an on-cycle road test. For an M1 or M3 license, you will need to take the written motorcycle and road tests.

Tests are scheduled through your local DMV or an approved third-party vendor. The written motorcycle knowledge test contains 25 questions about motorcycle signaling, crossing, and changing lanes. You must answer 20 of the questions correctly to pass. The on-cycle test assesses your ability to operate your motorcycle safely. If you fail a test, you must wait one day to retake it.